Chapter 7

Riverpaw padded over to the rock pile where Flamestar sat. She looked up at her leader as she spoke.
   "Riverpaw, Seapaw, and Rubypaw. Your mentors told me you are ready to become warriors. Do you three promise to follow the warrior code even at the cost of your life?" Flamestar looked at the cats.
   "I do." they said at once.
   Flamestar hopped down and faced the cats, "For now on, you will be called Rivergem, Seafur, and Rubyclaw. Starclan honors your courage and welcomes you as full members of Sapphireclan."
   "Rigergem! Seafur! Rubyclaw!" The clan yowled as Flamestar continued.
   "You three will watch over the clan while we sleep. Meanwhile, this meeting in dismissed." Flamestar hopped off the rock-pile and scrambled up the oak that lead to her den.
     The clan automaticly started gossiping, "Skyfall may be a father.." 
     Rivergem's whiskers twitched hearing the gossip of Flamestar going to have kits. Seafur and Rubyclaw had already padded to the entrance and started in silence, watching the camp.  Rivergem walked over to them, she opened her mouth wanted to start a conversation but Seafur looked at her in a warning way and she shut her mouth.
***
Rivergem started closing her eyes but snapped them open, Stay awake! It's almost morning!!  
  Seafur looked at her oddly and Rubyclaw was focused on a bush as it rustled. Rivergem frowned and gazed at the bush, yellow eyes seemed to be peering through the leaves. Rubyclaw hopped to her paws and stepped forward, to investigate of course.
   Seafur strolled in front of her as if saying, "Let me look. I'm the tom here."
  She got the message and sat beside Rivergem, who was watching as the yellow eyes vanished when Seafur approached. But a black tail was showing from the bush, Idiotic intruder! If that thing wants to stay hidden it better make sure its stuipid tail doesn't show. 
    Instantly the tail was pulled in, followed with rustling. Seafur jumped in the bush. The bush came to life, shrieks and yowled were heard. Rivergem bounced to her paws and ran to the leader's den, but when she arrived Flamestar was already making her way down. 
  "Whats all the racket!" she growled looking sharply at Rivergem, "Talk."
   Relived she could talk, Rivergem meowed aloud, "We saw a intruder and Seafur attacked them and-"
   "That's all I need." Flamestar raced to the scene, Rivergem following. Rivergem saw Seafur pinning a black and white tom, who was struggling under his weight. 
    Seafur looked suprisly at his leader as she approched, Rivergem watched quitley as Flamestar questioned the intruder. She heard the last question clearly :
"Who are you!" Flamestar had hissed.
"D-don't breath the oil!!" the cat meowed then vanished into thin air, leaving Seafur landing on the ground.