Chapter 6

Riverpaw watched the elders carry Spiderfang and Firefur out of the camp.

  Flamestar had asked for the third cat found to stay a little longer, but Glazepelt told her it was time for the burrial. For the third cat, was one of her close friends, Scootfire. 
   Riverpaw slowly walked to Fireflymoon who was begging one of the elders for her to stay with Spiderfang.
     "Please! Let him stay with Scootfire so I can stay with him longer!" She wept, looking at Riverpaw for a small moment.
   "Now young 'un, Spiderfang needs to be burried so he can be with Starclan. He'll watch over ya'." One elder rasped. 
  Riverpaw backed away and saw her mother looking at Spiderfang. Goodbye, dad.. Riverpaw thought sadly

****
   Riverpaw wondered around camp waiting for Flamestar to announce her new mentor. A flash a orange and red appeared and soon jumped from the great oak, the leader den, and hop onto the rock- pile
   "May all cats gather for a meeting!" Flamestar yowled as she saw Riverpaw look up at her.                   I hope its Skyfall!  Riverpaw smiled as cats gathered and Flamestar continued, "Three of our warriors was murdered by Houdini, a rouge cat, and ran off. Riverpaw was left mentorless and fatherless. The fallen warriors are, Scootfire.. Spiderfang... and.. F-Firefur." 
     Flamestar paused for a moment as her cats mumured together, "Riverpaw's mentor is a very loyal warrior and skilled enough to take on an apprentice. Skyfall will mentor Riverpaw." 
   YES!!! Riverpaw gasped and bounded over to him, touching noses and then sitting down.
   As the cats departed, Skyfall meowed, "We better start your training before you become as fat as a lazy mouse."
***
Riverpaw sighed as she had Skyfall pinned, "Satisfied yet?"
  "Yes, yes. You defeated me." he mumbled, pushing her off.
   She looked at him, "Do I earn a day without one patrol?"
   "What? No." Skyfall frowned, but amusment glittered in his eyes.