Chapter 8

Rivergem sat silently as Flamestar announced new kits, her kits, as apprentices.

         "Firekit and Swirlkit will be named Firepaw and Swirlpaw. Rivergem will mentor Firepaw and Seafur will mentor Swirlpaw."
        "Firepaw! Swirlpaw!"  Rivergem yowled with her clanmates. Oh no. I'm a mentor now. Rivergem thought. Firepaw, having the same markings as her mother, bounced up to her.
        "When will my training start?" she meowed excitedly.
        "Um, I guess I can show you around camp today." Rivergrem sighed, getting to her paws, "Come on, follow me now." Firepaw nodded then followed Rivergem out of the camp.
        Rivergem padded through the forest, a overwhelming scent of prey swept by, Ignore it, I'm supposed to be showing my apprentice around!  Firepaw stopped, "What's that smell?" 
        "Prey, now keep moving.." Rivergem meowed. They padded deeper into the territory, she showed Firepaw the borders, how to tell each clan by scent, the best hunting spots, and finally, Tall-oak. "Thats all, lets g-" Rivergem began but was int erupted by a scent of smoke.
        "Whats wrong?" Firepaw demanded. Rivergem didn't answer, instead she watched as flames appeared over the tree-tops.
        "Firepaw! Go to the camp and warn them there is a fire!" she yowled.
        The apprentice nodded than raced off. Rivergem growled as the flames arrived a few fox-tails away. Run! Rivergem yowled then ran, the flames seemed like they were racing after her. She crossed Thunder-path but - WHAM!!! Rivergem lay on the road, she breathed in, not knowing she just inhaled a lot of car fuel.
                                                                                SHORT 
                                                                                        CHAPTER
                                                                                                SORRY