Chapter 1

Riverkit heard the scuffling of paws as her mother carried a vole back toe the nursery. She stared at it and climbed on top, "Can I eat fresh-kill now?"

Daisysun flicker her kit off the vole, "Maybe if you don't squash it."

Spiderfang purred as he entered, "She's old enough to eat fresh-kill now."

Riverkit puffed out her chest, "And Strong!"

Daisysun sighed, "I guess..."

"Yay!" Riverkit squealed, biting into the furry animal.

Spiderfang mummered something to her mother but she didnt listen.

"Stop it, you'll choke at the speed!" Daisysun scolded her.

"S-sorry." Riverkit backed away. A flamed pelt shined outside the nursery as Firefur argued with another cat. Spiderfang backed away and Riverkit heard the conversation.

"Worthless!" Firefur hissed to a she-cat.

"Don't talk to your leader like that!" Spiderfang hissed.

"Shut up. Both of you." Another cat snapped.

"Riverkit did you hear me?" Daisysun mewed again.

"What?" Riverkit snapped her attention to her mother.

"Why don't you go outside and play with Waterpaw?" She repeated

Riverkit frowed, "Why him? He's so bossy!"

"No way to talk to the cat that changes your bedding." Daisysun sniffed.

"Alright, fine." Riverkit mewed. Maybe she could hear the conversation. Riverkit headed out and saw the bristling cats ; Spiderfang, Firefur, and Flamestar.

Flamestar glanced at the kit but looked back to the toms, "Firefur go on a patrol.. Spiderfang can go back to his kit. No more fighting."

Riverkit watched as his father padded up to her, "Where you going."

"To play with Waterpaw." She grumbled.

Spiderfang let a mrrow of amusement, "How about you skip grumpy Waterpaw and come play with me and Fireflymoon?"