Chapter 5

Riverpaw watched as Crowsong glanced at her, "What are you doing?"

"Waiting for Spiderfang." She meowed back.

Crowsong frowned, "You havn't seen him either?"

Riverpaw simply shook her head.

"May all warriors and apprentices join me under rock-pile. Now!" Flamestar yowled, as she appeared from the huge oak where she slept.

Riverpaw frowned as Seapaw and Rubypaw stayed put until she stood up and walked over to Flamestar and the warriors.

"I said all warriors." Flamestar growled, "Where is Spiderfang? Riverpaw!"

"Yes." Riverpaw meowed, pushing her way through the warriors.

Flamestar stared at her then asked, "Where is your mentor?"

Riverpaw shrugged, "I havn't seen him today."

As her leader's gaze swept around the clearing she noticed another cat missing.

"Firefur's missing also.." Riverpaw gasped.

"Maybe they are on patrol." Flamestar grunted, rising to her paws.

Darkwaters stood, "I never saw them leave. But I dide see the run after a black and grey she-cat."

"Houdini!" Flamestar growled, "We have to find them, Turtlehead, Lionfur, Silverbreeze, Riverpaw, and Crowsong can come with me to find them. Darkwaters your in charge."

**

Riverpaw follwed behind Turtlehead as Flamestar followed Firefur and Spiderfang's scent.

Blood spattered the grass as the patrol saw Houdini triumphantly standing over a orange shape. A dark tabby lay a little away.

"Spiderfang..?" She gasped, seeing her mentor and father laying on the ground, covered in blood.

"Houdini. Get off Sapphireclan terratory! Your no longer a clan cat, remember." Flamestar growled.

"Fine, three less cats in the forest." Houdini laughed and ran off.

"Three? But only two cats are missing." Lionfur meowed.

Riverpaw burried her nose into her father's pelt, "Please.. Stay."

"Im sorry.." Spiderfang gasped and went limp. Stars danced around him as a starry figure stared at her, then faded.