𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝑵𝒊𝒏𝒆

Not Edited 

Eunhye's P.O.V 

"Did you sleep well?" My dad asked as I sat in the seat in front of him. 

"Yes," I said cheerfully. I had indeed slept really well and woke up with a fresh mind. 

I put some food on my plate, my stomach grumbling for some breakfast. 

My mom also sat down at the table and happily continued eating. 

"Did you narrow down which universities you are going to apply masters for?" My mom asks me, making me poke my tongue against my cheek. 

"Yes. I did," I answer. 

"Did you start the applications?" She asked. 

"They haven't opened the application period but I did start preparing for some," I inform my family. 

"That's good. Make sure to finish it on time," My mom told me. 

"Yes," I answer, obeying quietly. 

I take a few bites of my food, wondering deeply about my future. My parents had pretty much set up a pre-decided path for me since I was young, but now that I'm older, I'm not sure if I want to continue walking down on that path. 

"Eomma. . ." I start hesitantly. 

"What is it?" She asks me, clearly impatient.

"Do you think doing a master's degree is right for me?" I ask. 

I can see Eunji give me a questioning side glance while my dad doesn't even bother to look up from his plate. 

"What is that supposed to mean?" My mom asks, still half distracted. 

"It's just. . .I was just thinking if I should really do a master's degree," I say, my heart thumping against my chest. 

"Of course you do should do one. Why wouldn't you do one?" Mom questioned. 

"I know I should do one. . .but. . ." I say, trying to find words to describe my thoughts. 

"But what? There should be no buts. You're doing a master's degree. End of story. I don't see what's so confusing about that," My mother said, shrugging. 

"Right," I mumble and turn my head back towards my plate. 

"Where is all of this even coming from? Is it Jiwon? You shouldn't spend so much time with her. Look how influenced you are getting," My mom comments in a dismissing manner. 

I try hard to prevent myself from rolling my eyes and try not to clench my teeth so obviously.

"This has nothing to do with Jiwon. I was just confused from within," I say firmly. 

"Well, then it's good that we've cleared your confusion away," My dad speaks up, deciding to join the conversation. 

I stare at him dumbfounded. One half of me wants to yell out in frustration but the other half of me knows that it's just better to give up and go with the flow. 

They never want to listen to anything that goes against their plans.

"What was your behavior yesterday, by the way," My mom said, causing me to look up and frown. 

"My behavior?" I ask, confused. 

"Yes. Why didn't you come with Suho last night. Do you know how rude it looked to the Go family," She said.

My brain registers what she says and she must have seen the obvious realization on my face because my mom continues, "Suho said your boyfriend came to see you."