&

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view... Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it.”

― Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird

The girl had been asked to get a particular document from some teacher.

If not for the directions provided by her teacher, she probably would have gotten lost as the school was massive and had scores of routes.

She stopped by the blue door decorated with flowery patterns, as she knocked on the door.

A few seconds passed when the door swung open, revealing a lady dressed neatly.

"Yes?" her bright blue eyes twinkled as she spoke.

"Um, Ms Martha told me to get a paper from you."

"Oh yes. Give me a minute first, could you dear?" she asked, her lips curling into a warm smile.

The girl nodded, returning her a smile, "Yeah, sure."

She went back inside, without bothering to close the door. The girl could feel the cold air of the air conditioner and could smell a lingering fragrance of vanilla.

Curiosity struck her head, as she guilty bobbed her head inside the room.

The room was spacious but not that massive; walls were coloured in the shade of calming blue. The room was heavily decorated with flowers, mostly daisies.

There were two doors, each leading to a different room.

One caught the girl's eye.

It was one of an exception, as it was the only surface that hadn't been excessively decorated. The door had only been decorated with the paint.

Her eyes flickered to the direction that the lady went to and a thought creeped into her mind.

Her right leg moved initially then her left leg. Then her right, her left, right, left, right.

She was at the doorstep of the door, her head turning back to check if the lady had returned. Seeing that she had not returned, she turned her head back to the door that she now stood in front of.

The transparent frame glass on the door allowded the girl to look inside. Her eyes itched to find what what was in that particular room and have eyes feast on the mystery place.

The room inside was surprisingly plain, not even a drop was paint was evident there. Aside from that, there were only furnitures.

But there was a boy.

It was the boy in jacket.

He was sitting there like a statue and without emotion, his eyes closed with his headphones on.

"Dear, what are you doing there?"

The girl's eyes widened, leaving her startled as she turned around in a flash. She looked horrifically at the lady, "I-I am so sorry. I didn't mean to come inside."

The lady gave her an amused look, "It's fine."

The girl's cheeks flamed furiously as she hastily walked outside, totally forgetting her task.

"Don't forget the paper!" the lady called out to her, causing the girl to stop at her tracks.

Swiftly, she turned around and walked back to the room. She took the paper from the lady's hands sheepishly,"Thank you. And uh, I'm sorry about just now."

Her lips curled into an assuring smile, "Dear, it's fine. Everyone is welcomed here."

The girl looked at the lady, not understanding her words but taking it as a form of kindness.

That was until she saw the label at the side of the door.

Counselling room.