;

As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.

John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

The girl stared at the piece of blank paper blankly, hardly knowing what to do.

The entire class had been assigned to freely draw or paint whatever they desired during art class.

But only emptiness held existence in her mind.

Art was her least favourite subject.

"And look at this. Isn't it full of colours?" the art teacher remarked scornfully.

The girl looked up, her eyes meeting the face of her teacher. The lady casted a dirty look at the girl, causing the girl to gulp.

Ironically, the girl hadn't been the best student in art class either.

"I don't think you have any interest in my class, do you?" she sighed in annoyance. A few students looked at the girl's direction, resulting her to bite her lips in embarrassment.

There was a knock on the door and thankfully, the teacher had her attention off the girl for a while. The teacher's lips curled into a pretentious smile, followed by a nod.

The teacher's attention was once again brought back to the girl and flickered to the boy in front of the girl, "Honey, please help me in assisting this girl in her work." With that, she walked out of the room.

The girl hung her head in embarrassment as the boy approached her.

He brought his hand towards the paper and began to draw some brief sketches.

His movements were quick, the charcoal of the pencil running on the paper swiftly.

The girl looked at him, not knowing what to say, "Um thank you."

The boy nodded in response. A few seconds passed, "I'm sorry about yesterday." He gulped slowly before continuing, "I didn't mean to shout at you like that."

The girl had been utterly shocked as it was the longest conversation she had with the boy, "Oh no, it's really k. I-I mean, okay."

Even with her words, the boy still looked guilty as ever. "If you're still sorry about it, you can help me with my art after school. I-I mean if that's okay with you."

The boy looked at her but looked away immediately, silent for a minute.

He just removed his hand away from the paper, revealing a few sketches of different images.

The sketches were exceptionally beautiful.

The girl couldn't help but notice a tiny lettering below the paper.

It read:

Today or tomorrow?