@

"This is where it all begins. Everything starts here, today."

― David Nicholls, One Day

A figure was standing before the girl. The figure had a negative aura around him and so did his appearance; uncombed hair, crumbled attire and an impudent expression.

The figure was none other than the school's most feared student— Elliot.

Except this time, his facial expression stated otherwise guilt.

He stood rooted to the ground, his hand scratching the back of his neck as he found the situation to be awfully embarrassing.

But his gaze hardly focused on the astonished girl. He cleared his throat as his voice came off trembling, "I'm sorry."

The girl looked at the distressed boy as astonishment began to amplify within her, "For?"

The boy swallowed the lump forming within the clenched muscles in his throat, "About last time. The time I- um, teased you."

He still hadn't looked at the girl.

The astonishment which grew furiously within her vanished in thin air as warmness filled the spot instead. The girl's lips curved into a small smile, "It's okay."

Elliot's eyes flickered to the smiling girl and was overcome with a strange emotion- experiencing forgiveness.

Something that Elliot had never done in his life. He had never forgiven anyone who had dared to hurt him, including his alcoholic father who used to abuse him.

But Elliot was forgiven by a person whom he had badly humiliated.

Elliot's expression stilled with blankness as he barely blurted out a curt reply, "I um- thanks."

The girl brought out her hand confidentially towards Elliot, offering him her hand in friendship, "Friends?"

This time, Elliot was one to be bestowed with astonishment at her offer. But it didn't take long for a smile to break out onto his face as he shook her hand, "Friends."

Elliot had gained two friends that week— the girl and the boy.

// a little note:

i have put up a new story called 'cease' and i would greatly be filled with gratitude if you would check it out! :-)