^

"If a thing loves, it is infinite."

― William Blake

The boy arrived at the school after his absence for four weeks.

The girl had heavily and constantly pacified him to return to school.

She told him one afternoon when they were in the topic of school. She said she wanted the boy to return to school as he had great potential to succeed in life.

The boy had laughed when she told him that he would succeed.

But he couldn't neglect the feeling he had experienced when he was told that he had the potential. It sent him a realization to himself that he wasn't a waste.

To him, it felt exceptionally good to be told that he was worthy of something for once.

When he came into the classroom, he was bewildered upon seeing the scene in front of him. His entire classmates stood before him with genuine smiles plastered on their faces.

The boy stood rooted on the ground when one of his classmates called Rudy approached him with a sheepish smile, "I'm- I mean all of us are glad you're back."

The boy remained rooted on the ground, his expression stilled with confusion and surprise.

"And we're really sorry for acting like jerks in the past," Rudy continued with shame spreading across his face. His entire classmates nodded as they apologized to the boy in unison.

The boy gave them a curt reply; he nodded.

Elliot, who had blended into the small crowd, walked towards the boy with a rather shameful expression. He looked at the boy and said, "I um, I'm sorry about last time."

The boy looked at Elliot for a few seconds before he responded to him with a nod.

"We're cool?" Elliot asked with a smile, his hand reaching out to the boy.

The boy looked at the smiling boy in front of him as he shook Elliot's hand with a warm smile, "We're cool."

Upon hearing their approval, the entire class sprang onto the two smiling boys with a loud cheer. They pushed each other into a big hug, signifying the start of a new bond.