=

“Without you in my arms, I feel an emptiness in my soul. I find myself searching the crowds for your face - I know it's an impossibility, but I cannot help myself.”

― Nicholas Sparks, Message in a Bottle

The boy and the girl had a bond that linked them together. A bond that held the elments of both friendship and well, love.

They were, as corny as it sounded, each other's healing medicines.

When the girl would not find peace in her own house and come to seek warmth in the building, he will be there for her comfort.

When the boy would create a new collection of scars on himself, she will be there for his comfort.

They stayed together like the pillars of a bridge; a bridge that held the meaning of their unusual relationship.

And their particularly unusual relationship went on for a year, their bridge still holding strong. 

The girl looked over to the boy resting beside her, "Want to play a game?" 

The boy turned his head to her direction and frowned disapprovingly.

The girl rolled her eyes at his negative response as she pacified him, "Just one game."

The girl did not wait for his response but instead, she continued talking, "You see that painted wall over there? The first one who touches it, gets anything they want."

The boy looked at her, "Anything?"

The girl sat up from her resting position and prepared into a sprinting position, "Anything."

The boy copied the girl's movements and steadied himself in a sprinting position. He glanced at the determined girl and he silently broke out into a small smile because of how adorable she looked.

"At the count of three," the girl instructed. "One, two-" the girl stepped on her heels and started to race forward, leaving the surprised boy behind.

The boy raced forward as soon as he saw the girl sprint forward, muttering curses under his breath at the girl for cheating.

The girl was in a leading position but was overcame by the sprinting boy. Being a determined girl she was, she released all of her remaining energy to her last sprint.

It was a close call when the girl suddenly felt her chest stricken with pain as she coughed excessively.

The boy looked at the girl behind and stopped, his face painted with concern.

The girl gave out a cough before sending him a smirk, as she raced ahead of him.

The boy was once again caught off guard and raced in front of the girl, snatching the leading position.

But the girl suddenly lost her smile as she stopped in her tracks. Her breath started to get uneven as she gasped desperately for air. She searched frantically for her inhaler in her pocket.

It was missing.

Her eyes welled up with unshead tears as she looked at the boy in front of her, her silent breath coming off as a desparate call of help but to no avail.

The boy touched the cold wall as a beaming smile crept on his face. He spun around, his eyes searching for the girl.

But his smile faltered when he saw the unconscious girl lying on the ground.