¿

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other."

― Mother Teresa

The boy and the girl continued their daily routine.

But this time, they didn't meet up at the usual place and timing. Instead, they chose to stay at the rooftop of the boy's house and watch the glittering stars above them.

The stars had peculiarly been brighter that day.

The boy, who had been staring intently at the stars with a dazed look, initiated first to start a conversation, "Everything's good now."

The girl lied on her back as she breathed out a relief sigh, "Yes. Everything's good."

The boy moved his attention to the girl as lips curled into a genuine big smile; a smile that the girl had never seen before. "Thank you," he said in a voice, full of gratitude.

The girl looked at the smiling boy and upon seeing his contagious smile, she broke out into a grin, "For what?"

The boy copied the girl's position by lying next to her, "For bringing out me."

His attention was now at the scene above him. It was truly hard to pull his eyes away from the peaceful scene above him.

The girl shrugged, her smile still lingering on her lips, "I didn't do anything."

The boy didn't avert his attention, "Rudy told me. The day you confronted Elliot." His lips parted slightly as an amused chuckle left from his lips, "The way he described it, I think you were pretty heroic."

The girl's expression stilled in surprise before her face morphed with embarrassment. The girl stuttered with her next string of words, "That's- I um- you thank. I-I mean thank you."

The boy threw his head back as a laugh sprang out of his mouth. The girl looked at him in astonishment upon his laughter.

It was her first time hearing his laugh and that made her heartbeat halt. To her, his laugh was truly adorable.

But actually, it wasn't just his laugh that she thought was adorable.

It was him whom she thought was adorable.

The girl's hand suddenly moved to touch his face despite her mind screaming words of danger. But at that moment, she didn't care about a single thing.

Her hand inched closer to his face when his head suddenly swirled around to face her.

The girl's eyes widened in shock as she pretended to swap a fly from his face, her eyes escaping the gaze of the boy's, "T-There was a fly."

The boy looked at her, amused by her weird behavior, "You're weird."

The girl shook off the disappointment of not kissing him by shrugging her shoulders as an annoyed expression plastered on her features, "Like you aren't."

The boy looked at the girl, his smile broadening, "Yeah, yeah."

The night continued with the two starry-eyed teenagers and a string of unspoken words.