>

“You are the one girl that made me risk eveything for a future worth having.”

― Simone Elkeles, Perfect Chemistry

There were talks around the school about a fight that happened last Friday.

But mostly, there were talks about the boy. The rumours of his father spreaded like a wildfire as students began to talk in hushed whispers.

It was now widely known in the entire school.

A boy in the school had a murderer as his father.

The boy hardly came to school after the previous fight. He knew that he would no longer be able to dodge their questions or their stares. With the request of the principal, he was able to excuse himself from school.

This, of course, gave Elliot a chance to boast about himself, "I bet he lost his balls after last Friday. That coward."

A group of his friends laughed hysterically with him as the rest of the class looked at them in disgust.

But no one stood up against him.

All except one girl who had been holding in her anger for too long, "The only coward is you, Elliot."

Elliot turned his attention to the girl who dared to speak against him. But his lips curled into a mocking smirk when he recognized the figure, "Then why is he hiding like a sore loser?"

Elliot continued as the ruthless look on his eyes glimmered, "Or is he hiding from the fact that his father is a murderer?"

The girl clutched her hands together in a fist as she faced Elliot, "Do you know why you are a fucking coward, Elliot? Because you are pathetic enough to show the flaws of others while you hide yours. You show the mistakes and weakness of others to the world. You laugh and mock their flaws. But you? You hide yours."

She continued, her voice coming off strong and firm, "And you have no fucking right to talk about his personal life. Insulting him by using the name of his father, just proves how much of a douche and coward you are, Elliot."

Elliot stood rooted at the ground, his face heating up with embarrassment, "You-"

The girl looked at him, a small smile curling on her lips, "You know, words can hurt. You may not have known but it really hurt when you made fun of me. It was a joke yeah, but it's not funny when you are the one who is getting made fun of. So Elliot, be sure to taste your words before you spit them out."

Elliot looked at her, his expression stilled.

There was a clap. Followed by another clap. Eventually the classroom was filled with applause for the girl as Elliot hurriedly walked out of the room.

His group of friends followed him as the girl exhaled her breath out loudly. 

She couldn't believe that she stood up against Elliot.

A hand held the girl's hand as the girl faced Sienna, her classmate, "That was so brave of you!" She continued as her expression fell, "I'm sorry we didn't stood up earlier."

A chorous of apologies generated through the entire room as the girl showed them her brightest smile, "It's okay."

Maybe it was finally going to be okay.

If only he had been there to watch her.