Chapter 3

Saturday rolled by quickly and Sam was stood in my closet looking for an outfit, for her first official date with Keaton. “Kaity, help meeee” she cried from the walk in closet, I looked over to Charli who was sat laughing, but I could tell she was upset, she genuinely likes Keaton.

“She’s so hung up it is sickening” She rolled her eyes and went back to her phone. I sighed and went to Sam, who was sat in a pile of clothes.

“Sam, what happened in here? Why are all my clothes on the floor?”

“Erm..they fell?” Frustration filled her voice. “I don’t know what to wear, I have nothing and there’s nothing of yours I want to wear on a date” I sighed and sat beside her.

“I don’t know why you’re worrying so much, he’s seen you without makeup on and in the same clothes as the night before, you could be wearing a garbage bag and still look stunning & I guarantee if you did go in a garbafe bag…” She looked at me weirdly “Not that you would, but I bet he’d still find you attractive, Sam you’re beautiful” She half smiled.

“I love you, but I still need an outfit, can we go shopping?” She beamed. I looked to my watch. “As long as we don’t go to the hardware store, no garbage bags” I laughed as her joke.

“What time are you meeting him?”

“6:30, what time is it now?” She asked getting up on the floor.

“1:30, so I suppose we could go shopping” She held out her hand and helped me up “But before we go anywhere, you can clean my closet since you’ve made a mess” I stuck my tongue out and went back in to the bedroom. Charli was sprawled out on my bed. “What’s up Charli?”

“Nothing, why? By the way, how did the other night go at the house?” Well if you’d stayed you’d know, I thought to myself.

“It was OK, Sam &…” I saw her face dropped “I slept with Drew” She bolted up and looked at me. “Not like that…We just slept in the same bed and we spooned” I said trying to hide the smile.

“Woah…and he didn’t try anything?” I shook my head “I’m shocked, he seems like a bit of a man whore” I sighed heavily.

“I know that, and he didn’t try anything because I told him not to”

“Do you like him?” I bit on my lip and nodded slightly. “Kaity just be careful OK?”

“It’s not like anything is going to happen so I’m fine, but thanks for your concern, now can you tell me what’s wrong with you?”

“Keat…” She began until Sam ‘coughed’ behind us.

“Keaton, what Charli?” Sam demanded.

“Nothing…” I got up off the bed and began putting things in a bag for the mall.

“Don’t lie to me Charli, I know you, better than you think, what was you going to say about him?”

“I LIKE HIM OK? A LOT AND YOU’D KNOW THAT IF YOU TOOK NOTICE! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW HARD IT IS TO SIT HERE AND WATCH YOU FAWN OVER HIM?!” Charli had snapped, Sam was speechless and I just stood there staring at Charli. “I figured you’d have nothing to say, I’m out of here, have fun tonight” Sarcasm filled her voice. I watched her walk out of the room, slamming the door behind her.

“Did you know about this?” Sam finally broke the silence between us as we stood glued to the spot.

“Kinda, she’d been obsessing over him since their audition” I tell her biting my lip.

“I know but I didn’t think it was like that…I can’t help the fact I know him and we like each other…I feel bad” Sam slumped on the bed.