Chapter 1

"The third & final act going through to next week's grand finale is..." It was only a few seconds but it felt like hours before Mario announced the name of the act. It was between Emblem3 & Carly. "Carly Rose Sonenclar" I felt my heart drop in my chest, I look to the boys and they looked down but they were happy for Carly. Mario spoke to Carly about getting through & then Kourtney spoke to the boys they then went on to show their X Factor journey, the clip appeared on the screens and I felt tears in my eyes, I was proud of them, they'd come a long way. Mario spoke to Simon, & the show came to a close and the audience started making their way out of the building, taking pictures with the judges before they left, I saw someone grab Drew for a picture, a hint of jealousy ran through my body because I couldn't be that girl, I wasn't that close in the crowd.

I sighed and followed my friends out of the building, her Emblem3 banner firmly in her hands. "Kaity, watch out" My friend Charli yelled from behind me, not soon enough as I walked straight in to somebody, not seeing who, I fell flat on my butt.

"Oh my gosh, I am so so so so sorry" I recognized the voice...I looked up slowly and saw Demi Lovato staring down at me.

"Holy crap, I just bumped Demi freaking Lovato" She giggled slightly "Did I just say that out loud?" I felt the blood rush to my cheek and become flustered.

"Yes" She said still laughing, she held out her hand, which I took with hesitation & stood up, brushing off my butt. "I'm really sorry, are you ok?"

"I'm fine, thank you" She smiled at me, I was surprised how much I was speaking since I idolized her & had done forever.

"I've got to dash, got to do some interview, I'm glad you're ok..." She looked at me, then it clicked she was waiting for me to tell her my name.

"Oh it's Kaitlyn, but Kaity for short"

"I'm glad you're ok Kaity, so sorry again" She said before hugging me.

"Thank you, it's my fault though, I was too wrapped up in...Well in other things...I just can't believe I'm standing here in front of you and I'm not having a break down." She laughed again making me laugh. "Can I get a picture before you leave please?"

"Of course" She placed her arm around my shoulder and I placed mine around her waist, we smiled at Charli took the picture on my iPhone. "Nice to meet you Kaity"

"Thank you, it was nice to meet you too" I could feel the smile growing on my face.

"Bye girls" She waved as she headed off out of the doors.

"I can't believe that oh my god!" I finally managed to say as we headed out of the studios to the backstreets. Charli, Ashleigh & Sam wanted to try and meet Emblem3. Sam seemed on edged about something but I couldn’t figure out what.

"I can't believe you bumped in to Demi, you are so lucky" Charli exclaimed as we reached the back doors only to be faced a huge group of girls on either side of the doors. "Shit, how are we going to do this?"

"I don’t know, I just know I want to see Keaton" Ashleigh gushed, as she clutched her poster tightly to her body.

"Maybe we should try next...oh shit, never mind" I realized there wasn't going to be a next week, they'd be eliminated. The girls looked upset; we'd tried every week to meet them and not gotten anywhere. "No wait, it's the final next week, they'll be here" I said before the group of girls began screaming and pushing forward. "Maybe they're out"

"KEATON" "DREW OMG" "I LOVE YOU WESLEY" was all I could hear coming from the crowds.

"I've got it, Ashleigh you're going to need to dump your poster..." Sam said slyly, causing us too look at her, confusion filled our faces.