Chapter 20

I feel my heart drop in my chest. Was she really telling me this? Was I hearing things? I sit dumbfounded, my mouth opening and closing multiple times before I manage to speak. "W--What?" Well barely.

"I'm sorry Kaity, it was supposed to be a joke, but it went too far" She explains.

"Damn right it did, your boyfriend tired to rape me!" I half yell not wanting to wake Wes up because I know how he'll react.

"That never meant to happen, I don't know why he did that" She sighs "I brought him here to apologise"

"Just answer this WHY? Why would you set me up with your boyfriend? We kissed and..." I shake my head "We almost had sex after the second date, I stopped it and I'm glad I did to be honest!" I turn away from herand rub my head.

"It was just a joke that went too far" Her voice is shaky, I turn to face her and she's got tears in her eyes.

"But why? What did I ever do to you?" I ask quietly.

"What's going on?" I look up and see Wes standing in the hallway in just a pair of sweatpants, his voice is sleepy.

"Nothing, Celine was just leaving" I say as harshly as I can.

"Kaity, please?" Shes standing up. "Let him apologise?" I shake my head and look to Wes who standing there confused.

"I'm sorry Celine, I can't..." She sighs heavily, nods and heads to the door, she closes the door with a slight bang and I look over to Wes.

"Kaity, what just happened?" He asks me slowly as he sits down, I sit beside him and snuggle in to his chest.

"Forget it, it's not important" I say as I tighten my grip on his waist.

"Babe, talk to me please?" He pushes me up to face him, worry fills his face. I sigh and roll my eyes.

"Brett...well he's Celine's boyfriend and the whole date thing was a joke and it just went too far, she brought him over to apologise but I can't do it Wes, seeing him standing outside my door with her was enough" I see Wes' chest tense up and his hands ball in to fists.

"He was here?! Why didn't you come and wake me up?!" Wes shouts, anger fills his face and I feel scared. For the first time in our relationship Wes is scaring me. I edge away from him on the couch.

"Because..." He jumps up and his looks really mad.

"Because WHAT?" He yells, my heart beats hard against my chest as his voice gets louder and louder.

"I knew how you'd react..." I whimper, scared to even breathe, Wes must notice because he's soon on his knees in front of me.

"I'm sorry" He says softly, the anger from his face is replaced with love. "Just knowing he was here makes me so mad" I turn my body to face him and place my heads on either side of his head.

"You getting mad and wanting to beat him up won't do anything, it won't do anybody any good, I love you ok, I don't want you getting hurt because of me." I say as I look in his eyes.

"You're right, it won't do any good but the fact he almost hurt you, kills me" He whispers as he places his hands on mine. "I love you so much and can't stand seeing you like this, it's haunting you" He removes his hands and moves, my hands fall in to my lap and he sits beside me. 

We sit on the couch talking for what seems like hours when the doorbell goes. I get up and head to the door. I open it and see Brett standing there. My breath catches in my throat and I can't speak. "I've come to apologise, you don't have to forgive me or whatever but I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me, you just looked so sexy, again I'm sorry, you won't hear from me again..." I hear loud footsteps behind me and I know it's Wes. "Oh hey man, I'm Brett" Brett smiles and nods, and in one swift movement I'm pushed against the door and Wes is pinning Brett to the side of my apartment wall.