Chapter 5

“Um…Kaity…would you like to explain?” Sam asks as she looks to me and then to Wes. I remove my hand from Wes’ grip and walk back up the stairs. “Kaitlyn” I hear Sam shout up after me but I ignore her and walk back in to the room me and Wes just left. She had dropped me in it again, she was making a habit of that and I was getting sick of it. I slam the door behind me and sit down on the bed.

“Kaity, can I come in? It’s Keaton” I sigh, not wanting to talk to anyone. I hear a thump “Ow, and Wesley is here”

“Is Sam there?” I ask as I walk towards the door.

“No…wait yes, she’s just come up the stairs” That was Wes. I open the door slowly and look at the three faces looking back at me. Sam looks sorry, Keaton and Wes look confused. I step aside and let them in, “What was all that about?” Wes asks me.

“Sam, you can explain” I say coldly as I sit back on the bed. I hear her sigh and she sits on the desk chair opposite the bed. Wes sits beside me and Keaton stands against the door.

“Basically, after the night at the house and she told me about her & Drew…” I look to Wes as she speaks who looks hurt “I said I didn’t take her as a ‘Drew girl’ I thought she suited Wes more than Drew, but then she said she slept with Drew so—“

Wes cut her off. “YOU SLEPT WITH DREW?!” He exclaims and stands up facing me.

“WHAT?! NO! I didn’t sleep with Drew, I slept in the same bed but nothing happened…to be honest I’m glad I didn’t sleep with him because of Cassidy” I see Wes’ face relax. “I’m going home, I need to sleep.” I get up and head towards the door.

“I’ll walk you?” I look to Wes and nod. “See you in a bit” I hug Sam & Keaton and leave the room. “I’m sorry.” Wes says quietly as we walk down the staircase.

“It’s OK, you weren’t to know, but try not to shout next time” I laugh as we leave the house.

“I know but I shouldn’t of shouted at you” We get to the end of the driveway and I realise I’ve left my bag, I stop in my tracks and look to Wes “What?”

“I’ve left my bag, it’s in the study” I sigh and set off back towards the house.

“Wait here, I’ll go for it, is it the red one?” I nod and give him a kiss on the cheek.

“Thank you” He smiles and runs towards the house. I watch him until he’s out of eye sight and I stand awkwardly at the end of the drive way.

“You and Wes eh?” I look to my left and see Drew walk from behind the bush.

“Nothing’s going on between Wes & I, he’s just walking me home” I smile at him. He raises one eye brow.

“Ok then Kaitlyn, see you around” He kisses my cheek and walks back in the direction he came from. I sigh heavily and look back to the house, wishing for Wes to hurry up.

I see Wesley leave the house and run towards me, my red clutch bag in his hand. I grin as he gets closer. “What?” He says a little out of breath.

“It suits you” I say looking down at the bag in his hand & trying to hold back my laughter. 

“You think?” He laughs holding the bag up a little bit “does it go with this outfit?” He says in a high pitched voice.

“Oh definitely” I giggle. “You’re such a goober” I grab my bag from his hand and set off walking.

“Hey, that’s my bag” he exclaims snatching it from my grasp. I shake my head and carry on walking.

We walk back to my house in a comfortable silence, Wes still carrying my bag. We eventually reach my door & I go to take my bag. “I need to unlock the door Wesley”