Chapter 4

“Wes? What are you doing here?” I say after the initial shock’s wore off.

“Erm…I was just wondering if you wanted to be my…actually no I can’t…bye Kaity” He left the room quickly, I want to go after him but my feet feel like they have weights on them and I can’t move. After a few minutes I manage to walk & I grab my robe off the bed and wrap it around me allowing the towel to drop. I sigh and sit on the bed, what the hell was he going to ask me? Why couldn’t he do it? My phone buzzing shakes me from my thoughts. I take it off charge and unlock it to see one new message; I open it and don’t recognise the number.

Hey it’s Drew, Sam gave me ur number, I was just wonderin if ur comin to the party 2night?xx a smile appears on my face as I read the message and type a reply.

Hey, um yeah I think so x I press send and take the towel off my head, rubbing my hair and leaving it on the bed. I get up and walk in to the closet to look for an outfit.

I decide on a simple black skate skirt dress, with red heels and a red clutch bag. I wasn’t much for dressing up, but with it being a party I thought I’d make an exception.

http://www.polyvore.com/ul_kaity_party_outfit/set?id=68015058

I lay the outfit out on the bed, plug my phone in the docking station and press play on my playlist. Satellite by The Wanted is the first song to begin playing. I sit down at the make-up table and being drying my hair. I finish drying my hair and turn on the curling wand, while that’s heating up I do my make-up; I do it natural except a red lip to match the shoes. The wand beeps indicating it’s hot.

20 minutes later and I’m all done, I pick out some underwear and get changed. I push my feet in to the heels and take one last look at myself in the mirror, I don’t even recognise myself. I take my phone off the dock, place it along with a lipstick and lip gloss in my bag and leave the room. I head downstairs expecting to see my mom or dad but the house is empty, yet again. “Maybe they’re at Sam’s already” I say quietly to myself. I sigh and go in to the kitchen “Kaity, we’re spending the weekend away, see you when we get back, much love mom & dad xxx” says the note that is proper up against a bottle of juice on the counter.

“Again?!” I grunt as I scrunch up the piece of paper and throw it on the counter. I make myself a drink; grab the house key and leave.

Luckily Sam’s house isn’t far so I walk there; the music already blasting when I reach her house. I take a deep breath and walk in. “KAITLYN YOU’RE HERE!” I was greeted by Julie, who by the looks & sound of it was already drunk.

“Yeah, I’m here, is Sam back yet?” I yell over the music.

“Yes, her and Keaton got back about 15 minutes ago, they went upstairs…together…if you know what I mean” She winks; she was beginning to make me cringe. I fake a laugh and nod. “Well, have fun” She gave me hug and left.

I make my way in to the kitchen, which is already full of people. I look around to see if I knew anyone; which I didn’t, I sigh and head in to the garden, where I spot Wes standing by the pool house; I make my way over to him. “Hey Wes” I smile as I reached him.

“Oh, hey Kaity, wow you look stunning” I felt my cheeks burning as I looked to the ground.

“Thanks” I say with a smile. “Have you see Drew?” I ask him over the music, his face drops as he points behind us, I follow his finger and see Drew sat on a lounger with a girl in between his legs. “Oh, he looks busy, I’ll speak to him later” I say turning back to Wes.

“So, you like Drew?” He smiles slightly as he speaks. Why does everyone think that? I don’t even know him.

“No, why does everyone seem to think that? I like him, but only as a friend, that’s it.” Wes’ face lights up. “Why did you come to my house earlier?”