Chapter 12

Wes notices my sudden mood change, my arms are no longer around his neck and my legs are straight on the bed.
"Kaity, are you alright?" He asks sitting in between my legs, I grab a pillow from beside my head and cover myself with it; tears fill my eyes as I look up to Wes, rejection fills his face, he looks confused and hurt. "Kaity, what is wrong?"

"I can't do this, I'm sorry" I say quietly, it's almost a whisper, I quickly wipe a tear from my cheek.
"It's OK, I can wait" He reaches for his boxers, takes off the condom and pulls his boxers on.
"Not the sex..." I look up to him and he looks confused again. "Us, I just can't do it, I'm so sorry" I pull the covers up to my neck and avoid eye contact.
"Oh, alright, I'll leave then?" I hear him getting dressed but can't bare to look at him. I'd hurt him bad, I rejected him & that's not good for a boys ego. I hear the bedroom door open and slam shut, it's then the tears fall.

It's been almost 4 weeks since I last saw or spoke to Wes. I've wanted to call him but I couldn't, I wanted to see him but just couldn't face him. I was scared, scared that he would reject me just like I rejected him, scared he would hate, but he had every right to hate me. I was just scared.

I'm sitting on the couch when the doorbell chimes, I ignore it and go back to watching old episodes of Charmed. I wasn't really in the mood for visitors. A few minutes pass and the bell chimes again, I sigh and get up, I look down at myself, I'm wearing a grey oversized jumper which is way too big, black leggings and grey fluffy slipper boots, my hair is in a messy bun and I have no makeup on.
http://www.polyvore.com/ul_kaity_outfit/set?id=69658758
I sigh again and head to the door, I unlock it and I'm shocked at who is standing there.

"Drew? What are you doing here?" I ask with a smile.
"I missed you, feels like forever since I saw you last" He says before engulfing me in a hug, his aftershave fills my nostrils.
"I missed you too" I tell him after we part, he kicks off his shoes and heads in to the living room. I follow him through and watch as he plonks himself on the sofa, he lays down and his entire body fills it up, I roll my eyes and sit on the chair in the corner of the living room.
"So, how's life in Hollywood?" I ask as I get comfortable.

A huge smile makes it's way to his face. "It's been awesome, we've been working with Benji & Joel Madden, Ryan Tedder from OneRepublic, it's been rad, I feel so blessed"
"How's the new place? Do you like it?" I smile at him.
"Yeah, it's amazing, you should come and check it out" I bite down on my lip and half smile at him.
"Yeah, one day" He half smiles back at me and looks around the room.

"So, have you heard from Wes? Or spoke to him?" I shake my head, my heart skips a beat at the sound of his name, even coming from Drew.
"Um, no, not since the night I moved it, did he..um..tell you what happened?" He nods and I feel my cheeks burning & turning red. "I never meant to hurt him" I say blinking away the tears.
"What happened? Like, why did you change your mind? I thought you liked him?" I sigh and rest my head back.
"I did, I still do and I honestly can't say, I've not told Wes and I just..." I begin.
"Kaitlyn, you can tell me" He says sitting up, he pats the seat beside him so I get up and sit down at the side of him. "I won't judge you, I promise, you should know I'm not like that" He reassures me.

"You will,  I..." He shakes his head. "Stop Drew, I'm not going to say" I couldn't tell him. He was the reason I didn't have sex with Wes, I've already pushed Wesley away and I'm not going to push Drew away.
"Just tell me, please?" I shook my head. "Why?"
"BECAUSE YOU'RE THE REASON OK?" I yell, I look to Drew who looks lost for words, he opens his mouth and closes it again.
"What do you mean, I'm the reason?" He finally manages to say, his eyes searching my face for an answer.

"Just we were about to, you know...well yeah, all I could think about was you, I don't know why & I obviously couldn't go through with it, it wouldn't have been right & well, I couldn't tell Wes about it..." I sigh "That's why I haven't spoken to him or see him, that's why I didn't come round to Laraine's for Christmas or New Years" I take a breath "I couldn't face him, what if he hates me?" Drew sits silently, obviously taking everything in.
"Drew, you still with me?" I ask quietly, he nods slowly "Say something..." The silence is deafening.