𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

college is scary. meeting new people is something you hate despite being a social person. that's why you only have two friends, Ariyah and Miriam. however, you really want this year to be different, you want to meet more people, make more friends and do well in school. people in high school would say you're generally a friendly and funny person but no one every really got to know you. no one was able to find about who y/n l/n was. but this year that was about to change. new environment, new school, new people. the energy you put out is the energy you receive.

𝟼 ᴀᴍ - ғɪʀsᴛ ᴅᴀʏ ᴏғ ᴄᴏʟʟᴇɢᴇ

your alarm went off. you were really pissed. college started on a friday. of all the days, it had to be the last one. it took you a while to get out of bed but you had to, you had to do everything with a smile on your face or else you risk having a bad start to your freshman year of college. thankfully you didn't have to share your dorm room with anyone and you had your own bathroom so getting ready would be easier than your chaotic best friends who lived down the hall.

you decided to turn on some music to get you in a good mood. music was your therapy for everything, especially the album "thank u, next" by ariana grande, or the song "good days" by sza. with your hair still in your bonnet, you turned on the shower to start the hot water while brushing your teeth. looking at yourself in the mirror, you wondered who you might meet in your psychology class. would there be the generic mean girls, nerds and jocks? or would everyone forget about the clichés of high school and finally be themselves?

by 7:15 you were ready to get dress. your hair was in box braids with edges laid (or any hairstyle you want). you don't usually wear makeup cos you never had time to do it before school because you would rather sleep. just lipgloss from the beauty supply store would do for you.

𝙥𝙞𝙘𝙠 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙤𝙪𝙩𝙛𝙞𝙩

            1                            2                                  3

1 2 3

(if you wanna wear something else go ahead babes)

you chose your outfit for the day, wanting to make a statement but still be comfortable. by the time you were ready you heard 3 knocks on your door.

"bitch open the door!!!" yelled Ariyah from out in the hall.

you opened the door to see both your friends all glammed up for the first day of school. "damn y'all hot."

"yeah yeah whatever, we ain't got all day, school starts in 40 and we haven't eaten yet!" complained Miriam as she entered your room

"chill girl, we'll go starbucks before class, my treat." you said with a smile.

you, Ariyah and Miriam have been inseparable since middle school. you had their backs and they had yours, no matter what. when bitches would try to fight you in school they would be the first to jump in, vice versa. you couldn't be more grateful for them. people come and go but Ariyah and Miriam stay forever.