𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

you sat down opposite Sasha and Connie who were sitting next to each other at the back. you wondered how long they had been together but concluded they looked good together and happy. that's something you've always wanted, to be happy with someone. it wasn't your main priority but it would be nice to have someone you could share yourself with. in high school, none of the boys appealed to you, except Levi of course. you had never had a boyfriend but you had kissed a few boys a couple of times.

"alright class settle down." your teacher Ms. Bernet has arrived. "welcome to your first semester of your freshman year at WRU (Wall Rose University), my name is Ms. Bernet and i will be your teacher for the first year. now i do have a couple of rules before we start...."

you glanced at the door, noticing a tall dark figure looming before entering the classroom.

"Eren Jaeger is it?" said Ms. Bernet

"yeah." the male's voice was deep and raspy but had a smooth undertone to it. it was attractive you thought and so was the face that matched it. but the persona of the male irked your soul.

"you mean yes ma'am. cut the attitude especially since you are late to my lesson" Ms. Bernet was not impressed.

Eren rolled his eyes and walked to the back of the class.

he thinks he's so hard. you internally rolled your eyes not realising that Eren was approaching the seat next to you, dabbing connie up. you felt a pair of eyes on you for a few minutes before looking away. so no "hi my name is...." okay, you thought.

as the lesson went on, you began to feel a little bit uncomfortable with Eren's slumped presence. every once in a while, Eren would look at you but you didn't dare to look back at him, not while he was looking at you anyways. he began tapping his pen on the desk which you tried to ignore because you needed to focus but he was just bothering your peace. you decided not to say anything because you didn't have the energy to.

"alright class, now for your first class project, you will pair up with the person sitting next to you and plan some research on memory. it could be anything from brain capacity to the interference theory. you will actually conduct an experiment using the rest of the student body by the end of the semester and it will be worth 40% of your final grade." Ms Bernet announced.

dang it. now you were stuck with Eren for the rest of the first semester. group projects meant meeting up after school to work together. you didn't know whether you could work well with eren, whether it will be 50/50 or you doing most of the work and eren taking all the credit. the energy you put out is the energy you receive. you reminded yourself that and decided to put your best foot forward.

school bell rings...

Eren left the class first with Connie in a rush, not even acknowledging that he has to at least know his partner's name before leaving . i'll just talk to him another time i guess.

"y/n do you wanna grab something to eat?" you looked up to see Sasha with a warm smile.

"sure, why not."

on your way to the cafe, you saw Ariyah and Levi talking, rather Ariyah talking to Levi and him not being interested. Levi noticed you walking towards them and was surprised you were with someone, someone he knew.

"finally y/n's here. i see you've met Sasha."

"yeah, she's in my class. Sasha this is Ariyah, one of my best friends. Ari, Sasha."

they both greeted each other warmly. you were happy you met Sasha, especially since Levi already knew her, she seemed really nice. all four of you walked up the cashier and ordered some donuts to share amongst you.