𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

ᴇʀᴇɴ's ᴘᴏᴠ

i feel accomplished. finally, i took y/n on a proper date. i'm not sure how i'm supposed to top that but all our "hangouts" have basically been dates, not that she noticed, so i had to push the boundaries and think outside the box.

she deserved the effort though. y/n has been the light in my pretty dark life and i'll forever be grateful for her. i can't believe it took me this long to truly break free from Georgia. i haven't heard from her since the party, and i had been avoiding her on campus. then i saw her at the grocery store.

ᴇᴠᴇɴɪɴɢ ʙᴇғᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀᴛᴇ

i was at the store buying the ingredients for the crepes and fruits for breakfast after the date. i had been planning all this for a couple weeks with Mikasa. her mother works at the No.5 restaurant so she helped me close off the restaurant for the night despite being on maternity leave. i had a feeling y/n wouldn't mind sleeping over because the food at that place is so filling it causes fatigue. so to lengthen her time with me i decided to cook her breakfast as well.

with y/n being a virgin, i need her to know that while i have been active, sex isn't everything to me. it never has been, i used it as an escape mechanism. i thought that maybe i was not good at being a boyfriend or else Georgia never would have cheated on me. so i would go about pleasing girls which boosted my ego. and peaking in high school did not help either. but now that i've cancelled out that irrational thought through therapy, i'm not bothered whether we have sex tomorrow or on our wedding night because it's not going to be just sex. it's gonna be meaningful because she means a lot to me.

i had already picked out the flour, butter and milk for the crepes in my trolley before i stumbled into Georgia.

"Eren? is that you?" her high-pitched, honeyed voice sent chills down my spine and a pit in my stomach. i contemplated whether i should ignore her or not but my body turned to face her before my mind was made up.

"yeah..." i replied quietly.

"hey babe, how've you been?" she asked, coming closer to me.

i took a deep breath. i remembered in that moment, some time ago, Levi telling me to make decisions for myself. i needed to face Georgia and make it clear it's been over. if i have the strength to resist her then i know that i'm improving my behaviour, not just for y/n and my friends and family, but for myself too. "i've been happy recently."

"that's good." she did that fake smile she always did, pretending as if she cares about me. "you not gonna ask me how have i been?" she took another step forward.

i stayed in my place and scoffed. "no, i don't care."

"you don't care, or y/n ordered you to not?" she maintained a sweet voice but i knew it was all a facade.

"no, i don't care. and what did i tell you about having y/n's name in your mouth Georgia?"

she rolled her eyes. "Eren, i'm not tryna fight you over her, i just generally care about you. you never picked up my calls anymore and you avoid me on campus whenever i see you." she reached out to squeeze my forearm. "is everything okay?"

i shook her off. "don't touch me." i refrained from having any sort of tone in my voice. "you don't care about me, you never did."

she scoffed. "Eren, cmon. you know that's not true."

i started walking while talking and she followed. i would sort all this out with Georgia, especially since we never actually had closure. but i came here for another reason, to treat y/n. "don't try bullshitting me Georgia, you literally cheated on me."