nothing but trouble - two

Chaz's Bonfire;

Veronica's POV;

"Ryan, c'mon." I said on Chaz's doorstep.

"What if Justin's here?" he asked closing the door to his red Camaro.

I cross my arms, "Whoa, you're scared of the teen pop sensation Justin Bieber?"

He laughed, "No, but I am scared of him stealing teen pop sensation Veronica Garcia away from me." He leaned in.

I placed my hand over his lips, "No Ryan, we can't date." I rang the doorbell.

"Why not Veronica? You're into me, I can tell, you're just scared."

"Stop it, not now." I whispered.

"Then when? You always avoid the conversation." He yelled. I turned to face the door, "Like you're doing now."

"I'm not avoiding the conversation, I'm just saying...later, I promise."

As footsteps approached the door, he mumbled, "I'm holding you too that promise."

Justin's POV;

I walked from outback to the front door to answer it. I swung the door wide open to see the person I've been dying to see for eight months. Veronica. I watched as she swooped her black and blonde hair out her eyes and I looked down to see her hand intertwined with Ryan's. My heart sank below my stomach. "Hey guys, come in." my voice cracked as I moved out their way. Ryan walked past and Veronica's hand was intertwined with his, she gave a quick glance towards me and smiled. I smiled back and barely got to wave until she was by Ryan's side again. I walked behind him and shoved my hands in my pockets with my head down. When I got outside Ryan and Veronica were cuddled up together with a blanket over their shoulders sitting by the fire. Veronica was roasting marshmallows for the s'mores and Ryan was joking around with Chaz. I sat beside Christian who was whispering something into Paris' ear and made her laugh.

Chaz sat next to me and nudged my shoulder, "They look happy."

I looked up, and saw Veronica feeding Ryan a s'more, "Yeah, I know."

"Cheer up man."

"I can't, I've done nothing but hurt her and now that she has someone that makes her happy...it kills me."

"You'll be okay Bieber, but you can't say we didn't warn you." Chaz said patting me on my back.

"I know Chaz," I held my head in my hands; "I miss her." I felt something hit me and look up to see a marshmallow fall right in front of me. I look over at Veronica and see her smiling at me while Ryan's head is buried in her neck. She looked away from me, and I saw her bit her lip and giggle. "Make it stop." I mumbled.

Chaz spoke up, "Alright, let's go around the fire and talk about our favorite memories together."

"Well, when we all went to the fair last spring." Christian said when Paris laid her head on his shoulder.

"I wasn't here for that." I said looking at him.

"You were on tour." Veronica spoke up. It was the first time since last week that I've heard her voice...she sounded happy.

"Hey guys." Jessica said emerging from the house about to sit down.

"No, Jessica, I need to talk to you." I stood up.

She looked at me, "Alright."

"Don't go too far you two." Ryan laughed.

"Ryan, shut up." Chaz said throwing a graham cracker at him.