nothing but trouble - five

Justin's POV;

I try, I honestly try. I can't keep sitting here fighting for someone...someone who doesn't want to be fought over. Veronica sends me mixed signals, one minute she acts like she cares and the other minute she doesn't.

"Justin, you alright man?" Usher asked, sitting across from me, in the conference room of the record company.

I blinked three times and shook my head, "Yeah, I'm cool. Just...thinking."

"I hope you know what you want to do for the Spring Fling concert you're doing next month."

Crap, I forgot, "Aye, who's gonna be on that tour with me?" I asked picking a glazed doughnut from off the middle of the table, taking a huge bite.

"Um, well we got Drake there, and then Nicki Minaj. We got, Rihanna and maybe Beyoncé." He paused, "There's me, and the Black Eyed Peas, oh and um, Veronica."

I dropped my doughnut, "I'm not doing it."

"Justin, you have too."

"No. I won't do it, I refuse."

Mom walked in the door, "You're refusing to do what?"

Before I could speak Usher chimed in, "Justin is saying he doesn't want to do the Spring Fling concert."

Mom looked over at me and she sat at the head of the table, "Oh no, Justin, you're doing it."

"Mom, no, Veronica will be there. I don't want to deal with that."

"It's so stupid how you're letting her in the way of your career!" Mom threw her hands up.

I shot up and placed my hands on the table, "Veronica, was...no wait, still is the love of my life. Ryan has what I want. She won't even look at me anymore."

Mom shot up too, "Justin, from what YOU told me, you let her walk away. She asked you not to go the night of her birthday and you did. When you came back it was already too late."

"No." I choked on a sob in the back of my throat, "Ryan took her from me. I made a mistake like three times and she walked away."

"Justin, you cheated on her. You got her pregnant, told her you were done with Riley and cheated on her." Mom glared at me, "Sometimes I don't know who raised you, because I know I didn't raise you like this. I taught you to treat your girlfriend with respect, love her, care for her."

"That's what I did. I fell in love with her, but she made me wait. I didn't want too. I wanted to have sex, and I did."

My mom walked towards the door, "Justin, you're doing that concert, and when you see Veronica, you're going to make it right with her. I liked her, and I know you did too, but yet you can't have just one. If you love Veronica so much, fight for her, try and show her the Justin I raised you to be, got it?"

I opened my mouth to answer but she just slammed the door closed behind her.

"I have no idea what just happened here." Usher whispered standing up. I glared at his back as he quietly walked out the room leaving me alone.

Veronica's POV;

The bright sunlight from my open curtains blinded me as I opened my eyes. I quickly shut them again and made Ryan scoot closer to me as I balled myself up and cuddled closer to his body. I could still smell his cologne from the other night on his chest. I liked the smell; it made his aroma, manly. Just by his scent, I was able to fall back asleep again.

2 Hours Later;

"Which shoe?" I asked holding up a red velvet pump and a black patent leather opened toe platform heel.