8

(39 years later)

My phone rang. I glowed illuminating the dark bedroom. The identity of the caller shown in big black letters: Logan.

I reach over and pick up the phone putting it up to my ear.

"Hello?" I say groggily.

"Hi Ruth. Sorry, did I wake you up? It's hard to keep up with the time zones when your traveling as much as you are." He responded.

"Yeah I've just been exploring. How about you where have you been?"

"You know here and there." He replied.

"Well, how long has it been since I've seen you? 10 years? We should meet." I suggest.

"That sounds good. Where are you we can meet halfway."

"I'm in Scotland. Sterling to be more specific. How about you?" I asked

"Uhh Washington." He answered.

"Washington? Why there. Doesn't really match the Logan vibe." I laugh.

"I don't know just driving around I guess. Living for eternity is boring sometimes." He says laughing as well.

"Well how about we meet in New York. I haven't been there since that time in the 60s." I respond thinking of my parents and my past life there.

"Alright New York it is. I'll see you in a few days."

"See you" I say as I hang up.

I hop out of bed ready to start packing even though it's still 4 in the morning. I open the closet and inspect my close before grabbing a pair of baggy jeans, black converse, a chunky silver chain necklace, and my leather jacket and throwing them on the bed.

"I'll wear that tomorrow." I say like a little kid the day before a field trip.

I grab the rest of my things and fold them neatly into my suitcase. My wardrobe goes through significant changes each decade so when U move on to the next place I still fit in. A con of immortality. I like the 80s though. Vibrant colors, untamed hair, and the music the music is the best. Once my bag is packed and the room is tidy I grab the keys and jump into my 1970/ Chevelle. Similar to my clothes my cars get scraped each decade, but I can't get myself to get rid of this one. As I drove I turned up the radio. Driving is good it's distracting. So is the radio. 'Good Bye Scotland. See you in another 20 years' I think as I drive away.

——————————————————————————
                                 (A few days later)

'Bored bored bored bored bored bored bored bored' I think as I pace around my hotel room.

'When is Logan gonna get here?' I complain to myself.

As if on cue I hear a knock at the door. I walk over and open it seeing Logan stand there in his usual jeans white shirt and brown leather jacket. 'He doesn't even try to keep up with trends.' I think.

"Hey kiddo." He says.

"Hi." I say moving to the side to let him in.

He's goes over to the chair in the corner of the room and sits. I sit in a spinny chair and punch my self of doing in a circle waiting for someone to break the silence.

"How's..life been treating you." Logan asks.

"Pretty good. I like the 80s. This decade brings a certain... color that the others lacked." I say as I stop spinning and gesture to my fluffed up hair.

"I don't like it to much." Logan says.

"Knew it. Again it just doesn't fit your... vibe." I say laughing.

"Vibe, huh?" He says chuckling.

"Well, I'm bored and hungry so would you like to accompany me to the nearest dinner sir?" I ask ending in a British accent to sound more regal.

"I would love to madam." Logan says trying his best to mimic the accent.

"Your horrible at impressions." I say trying to contains my laughter.

"No fair your mom was british you got like a tutor right there." He says in mock- offense.

"Tutor?What kind of tutor? Britishness tutor?"

"Exactly!" He says as we hope into the car.

This sends me into a laughing fit that I swear last 5 minutes. Logan's just driving and occasionally shaking his head wit a smile. Once i've finally regained my composure I say: "Buckle up Logan better be safe than sorry."

"I don't need to buckle, I can't die." He reasons.

Right then the car hits something and Logan is thrown out of the car window.

"Ooooooo that looks like it hurt. If only someone had listened to me." I say, but it doesn't look like he hears me. 'Maybe it's worse than I thought. he'll probably be knocked out for a while.' I think.

A flame bursting to life next to me snaps me out of my thoughts. I try to pull my buckle but it's stuck.

"No no no no." I say. I know it and permanently kill me, but it's still scary.

I keep pulling as hard as I can. I look up to see if Logan could help, but he's still out cold. Then A loud noise come from above me.

"Whose there?" I shout.

"Don't worry we're not going to hurt you." A red head says as she jumps onto the ground next to me. Following her a man with star trek type glasses jumps next to her. Then it occurs to me that Logan's still over there and I see a man with sharp teeth and long hair start to grab Logan.

"NO!" I shout Logan's all I have left.

"Its ok. I'll get him." Glasses says the the red head.

"Are you stuck?" The red head asks.

"Yeah just my belt." I say flustered.

"Ok." She says before cutting it with a pocket knife.

I jump out and and start running towards Logan until something hits my neck. It's a dart. I keep running because it takes more darts to take me down 'Thanks dad' I think. Suddenly something else hit me and then another thing.

'Uh oh' is the last thing I think before it all goes black.