7

"But I never thought you'd leave me"
______

It was something about the holidays that put a smile on Louis' face. It could be the cheerful music, the colorful lights making the snow glisten, or it could just be everyone else having the holiday spirit and sending smiles to everyone around. Whatever it was, Louis loved the holiday season.

He had just walked into the local supermarket, Jay needed him to grab the "important groceries" for Christmas dinner. He hummed and wiped his shoes off on the mat, getting the excess snow off of them and then grabbed a handheld basket for his groceries. He smiled and walked down the isles, listening to Jingle Bells play softly on the overhead speakers. Just as he was getting cinnamon off the shelf he heard his named being called. Louis turned his head to see a somewhat familiar face walking towards him.

"Louis! Lou it's me Matthew!" he smiled as he trotted over to the smaller boy. Having to slightly backtrack Louis finally realized that this was the boy who he talked to at the party a few months ago. Louis smiled and waved as Matthew approached him. "ah man it's great to see you again, exams have been kicking my ass. i've been too busy working on studying rather than focusing on my social life" he chuckled. Louis laughed and agreed, he too has had his fair share of exams kicking his ass. "So, what're you up to? I see you're also shopping for the holidays" Louis said and gestured to the medium sized ham in Matthew's hands. The other boy laughed and nodded, "Yea my dad sent me out to do all of the shopping, it's a lot of work considering we have to feed all seven of us at home" Louis' eyes widened, seven? "seven?" Louis asked and Matthew nodded, "Yup, mom, dad, me and my four other siblings. Of course you can't forget about the grandparents either. We're a full house on Christmas" Matthew huffed and adjusted the ham in his arms. Louis smiled fondly, loving the thought of a big family. "That sounds lovely, I bet it's a lot of fun around the holidays" Matthew snorted, "oh it's fun alright, it's nothing but us loud Italians arguing about 'da cooking' and the kids running around. straight up chaos" Louis giggled and nodded, "well that sounds like fun. It's usually just my mom and I on Christmas. It can be hard to get the grandparents over because of the weather sometimes" Matthew frowned but nodded, understanding. "well" He started off while adjusting the ham in his arms again, " I better get going, this ham is starting to get really heavy, but hey! why don't we catch up soon? does next Saturday at the pizza parlor sound good?"

oh great the same pizza parlor that he and Harry had been to

Louis shook his thoughts away and smiled, nodding. "Yea that sounds great, just send me a message on facebook with the time and i'll see you then" Matthew smiled excitedly and did his best to wave with the ham in his harms. Louis waved back with a small smile.

This should be interesting