It's hard when no one believes you

Despite what Delia might think, Benson was not a boring place at all.

Yes, it was a city full of misery as well as rich and powerful people. There were plenty of places to have a good time if you had money; but it was a dangerous place and the Benson police did little to remedy the situation.

In fact, the greatest danger Orazia faced at the moment was precisely the Benson police. She had been playing cat and mouse with them for several days and she could not take it anymore.

She had already lost count of the drones, droids and androids of all shapes and sizes she had destroyed. But the police kept sending more. It was only a matter of time before they sent something too big after her.

Orazia hid among a sea of plastic tents. A part of the city where only the desperate came, those who had nothing left to lose. Among so many people it would be harder to find her; but the police were never far away.

Orazia knew that they had located her neurochip. She had to destroy it if she wanted them to lose track of her, but she didn't have the knowledge to do so.

She threw herself on a pile of garbage. She was exhausted and had a myriad of wounds all over her body. She didn't care.

She closed her eyes to rest. When she opened her eyes again, she saw a man in front of her.

It was Narmer, a rather attractive middle-aged man who looked at her smiling.

Orazia jumped to her feet, ready to fight if necessary. Narmer showed no sign of hostility.

- I don't want to scare you, -he said-, but I've come to help you.
- What do you want? - she hissed at him.

- Calm down - said Narmer with a neutral tone - I have already told you that I want to help you.
- How did you find me? - said Orazia looking at him with distrust.

For any answer Narmer tapped his finger on the back of his head several times.

The neurochip! She had to get rid of it somehow. Orazia looked at Narmer, who was waiting for her answer.
- Okay.
Narmer nodded and motioned for the young woman to turn around.

Orazia was much taller than Narmer and quite a bit stronger. At that moment she looked pitiful. Her hair was singed and she was wearing a tattered hospital gown. One of her eyes was completely red and her hands were almost raw.

Narmer began to quickly hack at the small device. After a while he stopped and looked at Orazia, who had turned around.

- There - said Narmer - no one will be able to track you through the neurochip anymore. I have neutralized it.

- Why are you helping me? - asked Orazia, not quite trusting him - I have killed your boss.

- I don't think so - said Narmer - Before she died, Mrs. Johnson sent me to spy on the Cult of Isis. She suspected that they were plotting something against her.

- Have you seen Orazio? - Orazia asked hopefully.

- Orazio is fine, - Narmer reassured her - Look, we don't have much time to talk. The police can't be far away and this time they're going all out. I have a vehicle nearby, if you want to come.

Orazia nodded, she didn't quite trust him, but she needed time to come up with a better strategy.

---------------------------------------------

WE HAVE LOST THE NEUROCHIP SIGNAL!!!!!!!!!!!
shouted the droid with its megaphones at full power.
Megara, the commanding officer of "Operation Flounder," had to cover her ears with both hands. She tried to lower the volume of the droid's voice with a virtual remote control, but the droid belonged to a very old model and must have some kind of incompatibility.