[𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎]

DAY TWO: 10:24

the morning started rather quickly for donghyuck. he was carefully weaving through the packed streets while trying to blend into the crowd. his hand was clasped around the brown, leather wallet and his eyes were lowered to the ground, watching his feet shuffle along the floor sluggishly.

the first thing on his agenda for his second day in the country was to buy himself a new phone. although he wasn't sold on the idea of using mark's money, he simply couldn't see any other way out of his predicament.

he brushed past many unbothered citizens, while other cussed under their breaths about the 'young generation' and their lack of manners. donghyuck wasn't a rude boy though, and always tried to offer a smile to those he inconvenienced.

for the homesick adult, not only was he walking through a city with no clue where he was going, but he was also a country boy and wasn't sure how to deal with the city antics.

it was all quite a rush for hyuck, and he was more than happy when he finally found a phone shop tucked in the corner. after walking past a long string of brand names and other smaller outlets, the short boy stepped into the well-kept shop.

the small 'ding' of the overhead bell made donghyuck startle, but he was quick to recover, his hand over his chest as he eased its beating.

after smiling and waving politely to the owner of the small store, and only receiving a scoff in return, donghyuck realised that he truly did not like the city, but only the lord knew when he would finally be able to return to the comfort of his farmhouse back in korea.

with his grin fallen and his mouth forming a pout, donghyuck slowly turned away to start examining the phones. get the cheapest one, he told himself, knowing that this wasn't his money and that mark had worked really hard to get it. and if i ever see him again, i'll return it.

and so his search for a phone commenced. if he was being honest, there wasn't very much to choose from, but that also narrowed his search a little. eventually, after receiving nothing but glares from the blonde, foreign man behind the till, hyuck had chosen the phone he wanted.

he meekly slid the device over to the man, almost too fearful to make eye-contact with the intimidating blue orbs that watched him carefully.

"could i pl-please get phone?" he whispered nervously, chewing the corner of his nail as the man wordlessly took the phone and packaged it before handing it back.

"260 dollars please," the man quietly replied, his voice coming out gently. donghyuck must admit that he had expected a harsh and unforgiving tone from the man. instead of making him wait while he thought, the sandy-blonde korean passed over the money in notes, silently thanking the actor for his help.

after sorting through the change and whatnot, donghyuck left the store, thanking the man once more before closing the door behind him. he smiled to himself as he looked to the unused device in his grasp. finally he could call his mum and tell her about everything that had happened.

surely chaeyoon wouldn't get away with her bad behaviour this time. not now that she had put her little brother in danger. he was alone, scared and broke, yet the rebellious young adult still couldn't pull through her side of the deal. their parents wouldn't be too pleased with that.