Wakas

Hi.

This is the Wakas of Pain of the Past. Next story is going to be Matthan's and it will be the last installment of the Lacson Series. Thank you for reading my story ;).

Wakas

Hindi ko naramdaman ang pagmamahal ni Nari sa una pa lang. Napapatawa ako sa sarili 'pag naalala ang nakaraan. I am willing to give my love for her, and nothing in return. Tanggap ko na. Walang pagsisisi. Kahit may mahal na siyang iba, at hindi ako iyon.

There are things that are worth fighting for.

Love. 

One thing I am sure of is my love for Nari, that's what I'm fighting for. Sa gitna ng digmaan, siya ang iniisip ko. Muntik nang mamatay dahil sa imahe ni Nari na hindi maalis sa isipan ko.

Doon ko natanto. I still love her. Kaya lumaban ako para mabuhay at para makapiling ito. Walang kasiguraduhan.

Wala naman talagang kasiguraduhan 'pag pag-ibig ang pinag-uusapan. Pero basta tungkol sa pag-ibig ko kay Nari gusto kong meron. Kaya lumaban ako. Hanggang sa umalis ako sa serbisyo. It's long overdue. My family is always looking for me. They can't contact me easily.

They want me to pursue Structural Engineering. But I chose the course that I want and the course where I can see my future self happy. I think I already fulfilled one of my dreams, at gusto kong ang isa na naman ang tuparin.

I salute my comrades.

"Fight well, Mates," I said.

They were standing straight. Hands on both sides, banana tucked. Feet apart at forty-five degree angle.

"Sir, Yes, Sir," they said in unison.

One broke the silence. He cried. I smiled sadly. We're going to see each other again, Mates. We are.

"At ease," I commanded.

They did and come to me. Inulan nila ako ng yakap at hindi sila umalis sa akin. I smiled. Tumawa na ako pero merong luhang lumandas sa pisngi ko.

"I'm proud of you, Soldiers!"

"We will miss you, Captain!"

"Do you love me, Astro?" asked Nari. 

Linalaro nito ang mga daliri ko. Naka-upo kami ngayon sa sofa ng condo. Kakatapos lang namin ilipat ang ilang gamit sa box dahil lilipat na kami ng bahay. Kung nasaan ang subdivision nina Alina at Larkin, doon din namin napag pasyahan na lumipat ni Nari. She wants to be with Alina again kaya pumayag ako.

Hindi naman ako tumututol sa mga gusto nito. Kung nasaan siya masaya roon din ako. I will support her no matter what.

"I value you, Nadia Maria."

"What?"

"I value you more than myself."

From the moment she talked back to my grandmother, I instantly felt the urge to be with her. To guide her. To steady her. To be with her while she's trying to be her best and while she's trying to reach her dreams.

I want to be with her all the time because she's my dream.

Akala ko noong una ay ang unang girlfriend ko ang makakatuluyan ko. Akala ko, matataasan nito ang pagmamahal na nararamdaman ko kay Nari. I thought my feelings towards Nari would fade when I find someone else. But I thought wrong. All this time, it was Nari, up until now it was Nari, and no one else. Just my Nari.

"You're really whipped, Astro," Matthan said. He shook his head na para bang hindi makapaniwala.

Pinag-uusapan pa naming tatlo ang paglipat sa Negros. Our parents discussed earlier the pros and cons of transferring there. Matthan objected. Ano pa bang aasahan sa kanya. He wants to be here. Iloilo is the place he couldn't let go. I don't have his exact reason but I also share the same thoughts with him.