CHAPTER THREE - October 2172 - Earth / Moon

CHAPTER THREE 

October 2172 

Earth / Moon

...Earth...

David Turner entered his business partner's office after knocking, "You wanted to see me." 

David Tressel looked up from his desk with joy spread all over his face. "Come in come in," he said jovially. "Take a look at this," Tressel turned his computer screen for Turner to see. Turner sat down and read the e-mail. 

"Are you sure about taking in another partner David?" said Turner. 

Tressel's face dropped, "Why? It'd be good - wouldn't it." 

Turner shrugged, "I don't know. He's a proper businessman David. If he's interested in us ... well..." he trailed off. 

"What do you mean? Having him as a third partner would strengthen us considerably. His experience in business is precisely why we contacted him in the first place. You agreed remember." 

"Yes ... yes I did. But I've had a little more time to think about it. Do you think we should have a solicitor involved?" 

"We have got a solicitor involved. I've already got one ready in case Eric agreed. It's standard practise during contract negotiations. We'll need to make it all legal and above board. We stopped our illegal activities at the beginning of the year." 

"When are you setting up the meeting?" 

"I was just about to phone him. Do you still want to go ahead?" 

"Meeting him can't hurt. Just promise me that we'll not be signing anything on the day." 

"Of course," Tressel pressed his thumb against his phone screen. "Eric Taylor - 014553 prefix," he waited to be connected. 

David Turner got up from the desk and walked over to the office door as he heard someone knocking. He opened it and smiled before whispering, "Come in. David's on the phone." He indicated a spare seat off to one side and Steve Cox sat down. 

"Just a minute," mouthed Turner. 

Steve responded with a thumbs up. 

While he was waiting he plucked David Tressel's e-reader off his desk and raised his eyebrows. Suzanne had done it. Her story about General Bolgon ordering the death of Roxanne Taylor was front page news. He read the article while he waited for Mr Tressel to finish on the phone. 

Tressel cancelled the call, "Next Monday David. He's coming here to discuss ideas and a possible contract." 

"Very good David," said Turner. "Now Steve, what did you want?" 

Steve placed the e-reader back on the desk face up, "I noticed that stock levels of Sodrum are getting low so I thought I..." Steve was interrupted by Turner noticing the headline. 

"Oh my god," Turner picked it up. "I don't believe it," he quickly skimmed through the text. 

"What's wrong?" asked Mr Tressel. 

"It's Suzanne's piece about General Bolgon," said Steve. 

Suzanne wrote this!" Turner looked shocked as he scrolled the screen to the bottom of the article. There was Suzanne's name at the bottom being accredited for the story.