CHAPTER SEVENTEEN - November 2172 - Earth

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN 

November 2172 

Earth

"WHERE ARE THEY!" Peter Brellio slammed his fist down on his desk making the entire contents jump or fall over. 

All five men took a step backwards feeling nervous. Peter wasn't a man to be messed with at the best of times - but when he was in this sort of mood he could be lethal. He could snap at any time and send one or all of them straight to hell. There'd be no heaven for these men. 

"LOOK WHAT HE DID TO JOHNNY, TO ALESSANDRO, EVEN TO FRANK," Peter extended his arms towards Frank who was closest to him. 

"He's coming after us one by one," said Frank. 

"I GOD DAMN WELL KNOW THAT YOU PRICK," Peter had half stood up as he planted both palms on his desk. His face and neck were red; his veins standing out pulsing with rage. He sat down, eyes shut, trying to calm himself. "Suzanne is the one I blame for this," he said in a much calmer voice. "She brought him here and now she's disappeared." 

"Perhaps he's got her already," said Frank. 

"I don't think so. We'd have heard by now. Everything he's done so far has been public," said Peter. "I've brought you all together to provide protection in numbers. He'd be crazy to try anything here." 

"He is crazy," said Frank. 

"God damn it - I'm supposed to be the one who strikes fear in others. I don't like being on the receiving end." 

"She must have tipped off Dean," said Gianfranco. 

Peter looked straight at him, "Of course she tipped him off. I should've foreseen that. She's too honest to do the work I set for her. Anyway - if we find her I want her brought here. I want to see her face when she takes her last breath." 

"What about the psycho?" asked Frank. 

"If any of you spot him, he is to be eliminated straight away. He's too dangerous to capture. We've lost three men already. In their homes. Just look what he did to them. Even their children weren't spared," Peter felt his emotions coming to the surface and quelled them. It wouldn't do to let them see him shed a tear let alone cry. "Which reminds me. Is there any word on Johnny's boy?" 

"None yet boss," said Frank. 

"All of you start patrolling the club. I don't want him getting in here. If you see any doors open on their own or anything else strange shoot first," Peter waved them away. 

They all left Peter's office. He looked at the photo of his family and smiled. He'd already sent them back to Italy where his father (Roberto Brellio) had come from. Peter remembered his mother and father fondly. Patricia had been eighteen when she'd met Roberto. Only a year later they'd married. Twenty years after that they'd both died when Roberto's yacht had been blown out of the water by a rival. Peter had got his revenge only six months later. He'd taken control of his father's business's and Andrea Cassandro had come to him thinking he'd be an easy target. Andrea had been wrong - dead wrong. Now Peter owned all of Andrea's business's and none of Peters rivals ever tried to muscle in on his action again. 

But this piece of shit doesn't want anything but my head, thought Peter. The only way to deal with him is to find him and kill him.