Chapter Twelve: Goodbye

IVERIS'S POV~

"do you hear something?" I ask Sean.

"no, why?" he looks at me, we had to finish the games so we left our camp sight and started to head to the cornucopia hopefully where the Careers were. I was a bit paranoid.

"I-I don't know..." I shrug. We continue to walk. I grab Sean's hand in one swift movement.

We continue to walk for ages. "are we there yet?" I whine.

"almost Iveris." Sean says, he seems distracted. He pushes some branches away and we step forward. The blinding sun light meets my eyes. Shielding my eyes I look around. Dead grass, dead trees, no lake just a large crater.

"what happened here?" I say in aw.

"I don't know but I bet this has something to do with the careers. I shiver.

During training, days before the games, the careers had asked us to join them:

"that was a better throw than last time you're improving." the trainer smiles.

"thanks." I murmur and threw the knife again. Where was Sean? He said that he would be back in a couple minutes, it's been at least 12! I throw a couple more times, getting even more antsy.

"Iveris!" I hear someone shout. I look up, It's Sean, I exhale with relief. I look at who he is standing with. My heart skips a beat. It's the careers.

"w-what are you doing?" I stammer as I slowly walk to him.

"they wanted to ask us something," he raps his arm around my shoulder. "I thought you might like a say in it." I nod slowly.

"what do you want?" I ask.

"We careers were wondering if you wanted to be in our little pack." Alto smirks. I look at Sean.

"Can we have a minute?" I look up at Alto.

"Sure, take all the time you need." I grab Sean's arm, dragging him over to a corner.

"What the heck did they say!? Did you say anything!? You know how I feel about those bloods lustful... creatures!" I hiss.

"Iveris, listen! They asked me! I didn't ask anything of them!" He hugs me planting a kiss a top my head. "It's your chocie." I look up at him. "no pressure!" he jokes.

"thanks, I feel so loved." I unrap my self from Sean's arms.

"nooo, don't leave!" he whines."us careers were wondering if you wanted to be in our little pack?" Alto smirks. I look at Sean.

"can we have a minute." I look up at Alto.

"sure, take all the time you need." I grab Sean's arm, dragging him over to a corner.

"what the heck did they say!? Did you say anything!? You know how I feel about those blood lustful...

"No, no, I have to go give my answer” I grin at him. He sighs.

“Fine.” I take a deep breath, and start to walk towards the Careers.

“I see you and cuddle bear, have finally made a decision.” Alto chuckles, along with the rest of the brutal, murderous, lame excuses for humans.