Chapter Nine: Arena Love

IVERIS'S POV~

"Hazel! Are you OK?!" I whisper. She moans. "oh my gosh! Hazel what happened!?" I run to her as she falls, I catch her in the nick of time. Sean runs over to my side. He inspects her

"her arm looks badly hurt and her leg is infected." He stated

"what do we do to help her!? I ask.

"go get the backpack and see if there is any medical supplies." he said taking Hazel from my arms. I run over to the tree where we set down our stuff. I rummage trough the bag. I finally find what I'm looking for, I run back over to Sean and Hazel, giving Sean the pack of medical supplies. He quickly gets to work.

His mom was the doctor in district 4. I guess he learned some things from her. Thank the heavens for that! I lean over his shoulder.

"looks like you need some water." I plainly state. Sean nods. I set the water bottle by Hazels shoulder.

After he sews up Hazel's arm he ask me. "Iveris I need you to do something for me, since I'm a boy it would be kinda weird for me to fix her leg since its so high up on her leg." he said pointing at her wound. He was right It got pretty high up almost to her hip. I nod.

"I'll help." I answer. he stands up.

"holler if you need something. I'm going to set up camp." Sean tells me. He troughs a knife to my side, and walks off.

"OK Hazel, let's get your leg fixed!" I clap my hands. I grab the knife and cut up the side of her pants not wanting to see anything I didn't need to. Hazel starts to open her eyes.

"oh hello Iveris." she mummers like a drunk. She looked so tried.

"hello Hazel how are you?" I say.

"I'm fine, my leg hurts tho, How's Sean and you?" she questioned. "and do you have any water?" I nod and hand her the water bottle.

"me and Sean are doing great. You would not believe what happened last night. Hazel tried to sit up, but fell back down from the pain.

"what?!" she smiles. I lean in closer.

"we kissed." I whisper. Hazels mouth drops open.

"really?!"

"yes!!!!" I laugh.

"omg!!" she squeals.

SEAN'S POV~

I through a knife to Iveris's side. "Holler If you need something." I turn and walk away to set up camp. I see Hazels stuff and I gather it with ours. I hear the girls giggling. I smile. Its good for Iveris to have a girl to talk to and not just a boy. Speaking of boys didn't Hazel have a another ally? The boy from her district? I'll have to ask her about that when I'm done.

''hey Sean can you come hear for a moment" I hear Iveris say.

"coming!" I walk over to the girls, Hazel's leg was stitched up neat and tidy. "wow Iveris it looks great!" I exclaim. I kneel down next to Iveris. "did you put some of the numbing cream in the wound?" I whisper, trying not to wake up a sleeping Hazel.

"ya, she said it really helped." she smiles.

"good, do you think that you could carry her over to we're we are going to build the shelter?" I stand. She nods and picks up Hazel, she was lucky that Hazel was from one of the lower districts and wasn't very heavy.

ALTO'S POV~

i woke up to the sound of snoring. "Brusk shut up!" i mumble. i pick up a rock and chuck it at him. he stops snoring for about 7 seconds continues on. that guy has a head of steal!

i hear movement on my right. oh Jenna was getting up, she could make Brusk stop snoring! "hey Jenn, can you do a favor for me?" i roll over to face her. oh she was still sleeping. she looked so peaceful. they were right about how people look younger when they sleep. she looked like a little girl put down to sleep after a long day of training to kill each other.

it was sweet. i smile and move a piece of hair away from her face. her eyes shot strait open, she grabbed my hand in a death grip. but soon relaxed seeing it was me.

"what are you doing?" she whispers.

"i dono?" i srug, but fail because im on my side.

"oh... are any new tributes dead yet?" she asks sitting up.

"no, Brusk was snoring." i state. she laughs.

"i noticed! he needs to fix that!" she giggles. "if only someone would send us something to stop it?!" she jokes looking up to the sky. and guess what, there was really a little box floating down to us that probably had something to fix Brusk snoring. we start laughing our heads off.

"I bet if you really needed to you could cut your hair with your toes!" she says, looking up at the sky. "the sky is so beautiful." she sighs. This was my chance! Take it Alto! Take it!

"almost as beautiful as you..." I lean in closer to her and we kiss. I can feel that she is surprised. The kiss lasts for A little wile longer. She pulls back.

"Alto?" she looks confused. "you know only one can win right?" I can see it in her eyes, she loves me, as I do her. But like she said only one tribute can win.

"we can make it work for as long as we can." I hug her. "we can make it work." I whisper. I kiss her again.

"would you two cut it out! I'm trying to sleep here!!" we pull apart. Jenna burst out laughing, she seems happy and free. I smile as Brusk goes back to sleep. She picks up a small rock and chucks it at his head.

"we can do what we want Brusk!" she giggles.

JENNA POV~ 

What about James? I could tell that Alto loves me, but James would be devistated. I could tell that he liked me from the beginning. Once these game are over, if I survive he'll forgive me...

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Sup beans and bros!!! How was that!! 

There's a love triangle!! Whats going to happen now?!!! Hehe!! An I making this painful for you?!! Hehe!!  

I just realized that the 'almost as beautiful as you' part is really cheesy! I hate cheesy things like that! I just put it in there for Alto to make a move!! XD Oh man I'm a spaz.