Chapter Three: Training

I slowly got out of bed, shaken by the nightmare. I walked into the dining room. Apparently everyone was still in bed so I turned on the TV.

"The rest of the tributes arrived last night." the TV reporter said. "The government had to send down about 100 more officers, the crowd was exceptional large tonight." the reporter ended. I was getting up when I heard a voice.

"What are you doing?" A young man’s voice hissed. I turn around.

"Alto don't sneak up on me like that!" I whispered. "I got up and no one was awake so I came here to watch something."

"Oh." he answered back.

"The rest of the tributes arrived last night." I said sitting back down.

"Really?" he said dumbfounded.

"Well we've got training today so we should be getting to bed.”

"Oh right" Alto walked back to his room. For being 15 he was still pretty err.... how would you say it? Dumb, stupid, an idiot!? But I know I want him as my alley. He’s pure strength and nothing else!

"Time to wake up!!" Tarra's voice rings. "Today is a busy day we have training then the interviews!!!"

"Ugh." I moan as I crawl out of bed. "Do I have to?"

“Yes dear why would you not!" she sings.

"EEEPP" she screams when i fall on to the floor. "Are you dead?!" she says poking me in the side.

"Yes I'm alive" I say getting up.

"Well your training clothes or on your bed and breakfast will be served in about seven minutes."

"Mm what’s that smell?!" Alto said walking down the stairs.

"Gofer guts." I answer. Tarra gives me a look.

"What?" I say. She just shakes her head. When Alto sits down we feast on many different food items like bread from 11 and fish from 4. I know fish for breakfast! The capital is so weird!

"Well we should head to the training center." Tarra announced getting up. We get dressed and head to the training center. This is it, this is where we make Allies and enemies and see each other’s skills. I was so excited!

"OK goodbye dears!" Tarra yells. We wave.

"Well let’s start training!" Alto says excitedly. I pick up a knife and a sword and get some twine. I tie them together and say "it’s a knife-sword!" alto laughs. We were the first ones there so we goofed off for a bit. Then the tributes started to walk in. the boy and girl from 2 who gravitated to us. Then the boy and girl from 7 walk in. I think the girl from seven, name is Hazel. Once everyone was here we started.

I looked over at the tributes from 4; they seemed to be avoiding us for some reason. I think their names are Iveris and Sean. Maybe they don't want to be in the carrier pack. It’s happened before right? Well they show great skill with knifes and swords. I hope it doesn't turn out to be between me and them! The tributes from 2 are fine. They’re really good with maces. Scary right! I'm glad there on my side! We eat lunch and head back to our rooms. For tomorrow were the interviews.