Chapter Four: Iterviews

In a couple of hours I will walk on stage in front of a zillion people. I do not know how to cope with this. Tarra walks in,

"Jennifer! Look at your dress!" see shows me a long blue dress that has yellow frills at the bottom; it has no straps and a very long ribbon at the hip. She shows me the shoes "there beautiful, no?" she questions. I nod. The shoes are yellow sandals with a blue flower. They’re the most beautiful shoes I’ve seen in a long time. Tarra put the dress on my bed and the shoes well she threw them at me.

I caught them just before they hit my face. I gave Tarra a look and she ran off giggling. I have no clue what is wrong with that lady. I slipped it on. It was so soft! And the shoes they were so light! I could barely feel a thing! My mentor Merope walks in to help with the tie in the back and adds a small amount of makeup to my face. She stands back.

"You look beautiful!" she smiles. I feel my face grow hot.

"Thanks." I mummer.

When we pull into the stadium the crowd erupts like a volcano. I’m amazed that their heads don't explode. Alto's warring a dark blue tux and a yellow tie. He looks adorable in it!

We get to go first because we are district one. I'm so nervous! Caesar flickerman says my name and I walk on to the stage.

"Hello Jennifer! Or should I call you Jenna?" he asks.

"I prefer Jenna." I smile.

"Wonderful, wonderful!" he laughs. "How are you liking the capital?" he questions.

"Oh, hmm it very beautiful and the food is very odd." I exclaim. He nods.

"How do you think you’re going to do in the arena?"

"Well I think that I will get pretty far, but there are some very good tributes that I should look out for!" I answer.

"Any allies?" he pipes.

"Well I'm a career right!" the timer went off. 

Caesar stands up and takes my hand.

"Give it up for the girl tribute of district one, Jenna!"

The crowd cheers. I walk of and wish alto good luck. He walks on and the interviews began. The tributes from 2 are ruthless killers; the boy and girl are just nerds. But the boy and girl from 4... Sean and Iveris, they’re so nice they don’t belong in these games. I listened to Sean's, it was the last question, and “any girls back at home”? Caesar asks.

"Well there’s this girl at 4, she the most beautiful girl, ever! I gave her a white heart locket in fourth grade." Sean stops.

"Go on Sean!" Caesar laughs.

Sean continues. "I wish that we could stay together forever... But she’s here. And I don't want to let her die, so I'm going to do anything in my power to help her win." the whole stadium goes quiet. The buzzer goes off and Sean walks off.

I watch him go past me right into crying Iveris's arms and they walk away. The rest of the interviews were a blur for everyone. I can remember Hazel’s interview she said that she was very strong and was best with bows and arrows.

These games are messed up.