Chapter Two: The Capital

"Shake hands you two!" Tarra whispered. Alto stuck out his hand. I timidly reached out to shake it. His hands were cold. You could feel his heartbeat; it was as fast as mine. "Good job you two! Now let’s get of the stage!"

Our mentors came out and led us away from the cheering crowd.

"Congrats you two!" a raspy voice said breaking the silence. I looked up. It was Griffen Redpath. The winner from 10 years ago. He won in the hardest arena, Winter Mountains. I felt his hand on my arm it was as hard as steel. Maybe that's why he won.

The woman next to me was Merope Flamsteed she won 2 years ago in an arena that was a giant forest. One of the biggest arenas in the history of the hunger games. They led us in to a large room. Alto and I sat down in big chair the size of a wash tub! I was practically sucked in to it! My family came running in. my mom looked worried, again. My sisters looked as happy as could be.

They must think I was one going to die and they could have my room or two they knew I could win.

"Are you feeling OK?" my mom questioned.

"Ya mom I'm fine." I said hugging her. i looked at my sisters they smiled back. i love them. When I was done the peace keepers can in to come get my family. When they left James came in. we hugged each other.

"Don’t die." James said gently patting my cheek. "That does all I ask, don’t die." he smiled and left the room without the peace keepers even coming to get him. Tarra came in.

"Well that's all let’s get on the train!"

The train was huge. The train ride was going to be short, but it still felt like hours. "Are we there yet?!" Alto moaned.

"We just left district one dear." Tarra exclaimed putting on even more makeup.

"Ugh!" he cried. Man was whiny! The capital pulled into view. It was beautiful! 5 miles away and you could see the crazy capital outfits! Me and Alto stared mouths open.

"It’s wonderful isn't it!" we tried to say something but nothing would come out of our mouths. The train pulled in. The crazy citizen went wild. A bunch of police or something close to that by the looks of there out fits. Bright yellow jumpsuits and purple shoes and blue hats that glowed. The so called police men made a pathway to a giant building about 15 stories high!

When we got to our apartment we had a ginormous feast. We stuffed ourselves with turkey, apples, ice cream, meatloaf, candied nuts, cider and more stuff I can't even remember!

It was a wonderful night! I feel asleep with ease. I woke of early next morning to find Tarra and Merope scurrying around my room.

"wha....?" I yawed rubbing my eyes.

"Go back to sleep dear its nothing to worry about." Merope whispers. I fall onto my pillow.

"Run Jenna run!” it's James. What is he doing here? "Get going run!" I turn around to find a big burly man standing there. He grins.

"Why hello." he says evilly.  Grabbing me by the throat he lifts me up, his large hand fit easily around my neck. "What do we have here?" he spits. All the sudden his grip loosens, his eye grow big and he falls to the ground letting me go, I stand up and look around, my eyes fall to his back. I saw an arrow in his back blood seeping through his shirt. I look up. It's dad.

I wake up. It just a dream, but it's the same one I had before the reaping.