Welcome to the world

Derek stood at the window, nursing a large cup of coffee, looking in at his sleeping family. He was a father to 2. Meredith had been amazing, seeing give birth again made him fall in love with her even more, which he didn't even think was possible. Oscar was cradled in Meredith's arms, as they both slept with the new addition to their family sleeping peacefully in the cot next to the bed.

He smiled before entering the room, placing his cup down and going to stand over the cot.

"Hey you, it's daddy." He reached out and stroked their cheek. "We have waited, what seems so long to meet you." Derek heard Meredith shuffle and start waking up. "Hey, you alright?" Derek whispered to ensure that Oscar didn't wake.

"Yeah, just sore." She smiled at him weakly before moving Oscar in her arms to be more comfortable. "So how does it feel being a father to a daughter then?" Meredith smirked and raised her eyebrows at him.

"I can't explain it, I already want to take her in my arms and protect her from the rest of the world." His eyes teared up. "But she has the best big brother in the world in her corner." He pointed to Oscar in her arms. "Jealous already?" Derek laughed.

"Oh yeah, it's going to be hard having to share his mommy but if it means I get cuddles like this, then I'm here for it." Meredith giggled before leaning down to kiss the top of Oscar's head. "We need a name."

"We do indeed, we only had boys ready even though we didn't know what she was." Derek leaned down and scooped up their daughter into her arms before taking a seat in the chair. "She's stubborn like her mother already, I'm screwed." Derek looked up and saw Meredith staring at him, so he winked at her causing her to shake her head and giggle.

They put some names out there, not finding a single one that they liked. Meredith sighed in frustration.

"This is impossible, why didn't we have any girls names prepared?" Meredith frowned at Derek.

"Cause we was convinced she was a boy." Derek bounced her in his arms, listening as she cooed slightly, causing his grin to spread across his face. "She looks just like you Mer, expect for the hair." Derek looked down at their daughter, brushing over the dark hair lightly covering the top of her head.

"Hey Der." Derek lifted his head up and looked at Meredith, her eyes glowing. "What do you think about Willow?" She bit her lower lip and watched as Derek looked down at their daughter before looking back up at her.

"Willow Shepherd." Derek repeated over and over. Meredith bit her lip nervously before Derek grinned widely at her, his eyes full of love and compassion. "I love it." Meredith sighed in relief.

They stayed in their positions they were currently in for what seemed like hours, until Willow cried for her mother and Oscar woke up from his sleep. Swapping over the kids, Meredith allowed Willow to latch over as Oscar frowned in his fathers arms.

"Dada, that." He pointed his chubby little fingers towards Meredith and Willow, frowning.

"Your sister is eating, yum yum." Derek patted Oscar's stomach, watching as his eyes went wide with realisation. "I better get him home, feed him. Will you be alright here on your own for the night?" Derek asked as he bounced Oscar on his hip.

"Yeah go. If I need help then I've got the nurses." Meredith stroked Willow's cheek. "Hey, what are the odds both of our children are born in November? Oscar's birthday is 1st November and little Willow's birthday is 27th November. Wow, going to be an expensive month for us." She laughed and watched as Derek shook his head.

"Me hungry." Oscar demanded, realising his parents attention wasn't on him.

"Alright, that's our queue to leave." Derek kissed Meredith's lips quickly before kissing Willow on the top of her head. He then let Oscar say goodbye before leaving the room. 

Meredith sat there, alone with her thoughts. She never thought she'd become a mother, let alone a mother to two but here she was, living her absolute best life. Willow finally unlatched and smacked her rosy lips together, she sat her up and burped before cuddling her into her chest. Listening to her daughter breathe and coo was like music to her ears.

Life gives you what you need before you truly know that you need it. It sometimes sends you signs, or even people to save your life, even when you aren't aware you need saving.

*A/N*
So chapters are shorter at the minute, just until we get more into the story!!
Hope you're all enjoying it so far, let me know what you think and if you have any ideas that you want to see in this story, would love all and any suggestions!!