||•stranger•||

i am overusing the hi.

so i shall control myself to not say hi.

wait-

____________

Queen stood there, staring in shock as the stranger stared back, not breaking eye contact.

How did she know my name..?

She cleared her throat.

"If you're done staring at me, then I'd like to get straight to the point, if you wouldn't mind."

Her voice was the same as Queen's, except calmer.

"Who are you?" Queen asked, her voice shaking.

She shrugged. "Either a friend or a foe. It's up to you to decide, honestly."

"I meant your name."

"Is that of any importance right now?"

Queen sighs. "Yes, of course."

The other girl thinks for a moment. Then turns around and walks away.

"H-hey! Where are you going?" Queen calls out to her. She doesn't respond. She decided to follow her, wherever she was going hopefully wasn't a trap.

They walk in silence. The more they walk, the more questions Queen could think of.

Finally, after what seemed like ages, the girl spoke up.

"Emerald King."

"Emerald King..?" Queen was confused. Why would a girl have the name King? And why was she so similar to her, yet so different?

She didn't stop walking. "I know what you're thinking, and yes. My name actually has King in it. One of my idiot parents decided to name me King just because they thought I was a boy." She scoffs. "How stupid. And I'd prefer it if you'd just call me Emerald."

"O-okay." Queen paused. "Did you... Bring me here?"

"No, the cow did." Emerald said sarcastically. "Of course I brought you here."

"Then why?"

Emerald rolled her eyes. "Are you a human or a survey machine?"

"Uh-" Queen hoped she didn't upset Emerald. Who knows what she could do to her.

"I brought you here because you have something I want. And I have something that you would probably want."

"Hm?" They finally stopped walking. "How would you know what I want?"

Emerald smirked. "I've been watching you for a while, Queen. You're really... Interesting.. I've been trying to make contact with you through your dreams for days as to not get caught, however today was the day I've finally succeeded. Which is why I'm trying to make this as quick as possible. I know you hate your friends right now, especially Joker."

Queen cringed at his name. It was true, she hated him more than anything right now, and would've even killed him right on the spot if she hadn't been so emotionally damaged.

"And... My friends annoy the heck out of me. They always act so innocent. Everyone keeps protesting to 'Protect the smol beans!', it's annoying."

Queen was now confused.

Why is she bringing her own friends into this? Did they do something to her as well..?

Emerald noticed the confused look on her face. "Basically, I want your life."

Queen unsheathed her sword, which she didn't even realize she had on. "You want to kill me?!"