||•a little game•||

I don't trust stairs because they're always up to something.

(Yes I will be putting some puns in here now. It's better than saying hi every chapter... WAIT NO-)

____________

"I... I don't want to!"

"Hm?" Emerald took her hand back. "What do you mean?"

"I don't wanna give up my life just because of a stupid prank!"

Emerald sighed. She was starting to calm herself down once again.

"So... You wanna forgive him?"

"Well... No.. Not yet..."

Emerald nodded. "Hm.. I understand, I guess. You have a good heart, Queen. Remember that. And if you still wanna take up my offer, I'll be here."

Queen smiled. She wasn't expecting her to accept her decision this easily. "Thank you."

Emerald turned away from her. "Anytime."

She began walking away, when suddenly, she snapped her fingers.

The room began to change. Queen wanted to run away but her body refused to move. The dark room shifted, until it looked exactly the same as the room she fell asleep in. Queen was sitting cross-legged on the bed, and Emerald was standing in the middle of the room.

"W-what are you-"

"Well, I'm kinda bored. And it took me forever to get in here so... I wanna play a little game."

Game? Is this girl serious?

"What are you trying to say?"

Emerald smirked once again. "If you win, I'll let you go. But if you lose..."

She pulls out a long stick out of nowhere. Queen couldn't figure out what it was made of. She tapped the stick on the floor.

"...then the deal shall be accepted and we'll switch lives."

"WHAT?!" Queen screamed. "I NEVER AGREED TO THIS!"

"I never said that you had to agree to play." Emerald spoke in a calmer tone, which freaked Queen out.

How could she be so calm about this?! She acts like she does this everyday, as if it was her job!

If Emerald noticed the panicked expression of Queen's face, she didn't make any comment about it. "The game is simple. Basically, you'll have to avoid being touched by this stick at all costs. Even by a small poke. You have 15 minutes to survive. Got it?"

Queen was too busy mentally panicking to register not even half of what Emerald had just said. "Uhhh... No..?"

Emerald frowned. "Basically bla bla bla we play a game bla bla bla if you touch stick you're out bla bla bla 3 2 1 GO!"

Queen hadn't realized that Emerald was counting down until she started charging at her with the stick. She swung the stick at her and Queen avoided it at the last second. She ran out of the room, followed by Emerald.

The halls of the castle were completely silent as they ran through. Only the sounds of their footsteps could be heard, and an occasional vase here and there being knocked off by the stick. (Which by the way, was two meters long.)

"Why is it so quiet?!" Queen yelled, quickly turning a corner.

"That's because we're in a dream, idiot! This castle isn't real!" She could hear Emerald scream back.