||•flatzone•||

so part of this chapter revolves around queen for some reason lol

(any helluva boss fans here? no? just me? ok-)

____________

Queen flopped onto her, well Emerald's, bed.

The pillow she laid on was extremely comfortable, and Jester giggled as she sighed heavily.

"I wish I had a pillow as comfy as this..." Queen smiled as she snuggled with the pillow. She turned to Jester, who looked like he was thinking about something, then blushed and shook his head.

"Sorry..." He said in embarrassment. "It's alright. You didn't do anything wrong anyways." Queen replied.

Jester nodded and began to walk to the door.

"Wait!" Queen called out to him. "You could stay here if you like! Maybe a sleepover?"

The gray haired boy gasped and stopped in his tracks. He turned to Queen, a wide smile spread across his face.

"Really?!" He asked. Queen nodded and patted a spot next to her on the bed. Jester squealed as if he was a k-pop loving teenage girl who was finally noticed by her favorite idol (after following him for three whole years with no rest) and practically teleported to the spot she had motioned for him to sit on.

"Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!" Jester repeated happily. "I've always wanted to have a sleepover with someone who lives here, but Emerald never let me sleep with her and Clubs snores reallyyyyy loud. Now that I think about it, I've never really had a sleepover before, so this is my first!"

Queen placed a hand on his shoulder. "Aww, don't worry. I'll make sure that this is the first and your best sleepover in your life!"

However Jester didn't hear what Queen had said. He was too focused on her hand on his shoulder, and how warm it was, and how he wanted to hold it in his...

The feeling faded as he remembered something painful.

A certain special girl already had his heart, however it was clear that she didn't love him back. He knows that Queen already loves Joker... There's no way she'd like someone like him, especially due to him being Joker's opposite...

"Jes? Jester??" Queen waved her hand in front of him. Suddenly, the gray haired boy started to tear up once again. Hot, uncontrollable tears streamed down his cheeks one by one.

Queen's confused expression turned into a worried one. "Jester! Are you okay?!" She asked, concerned for her friend.

"I'm sorry... I'm such a weakling..." Jester replied through sobs. "I can't stay happy for at least a day... I hurt the people I love..."

"Jester..." Queen held him tight, and he didn't struggle to get out. "You don't always have to be happy. You shouldn't push yourself too hard to do something you don't even want to do. You're not weak. If anyone's weak, it would be me. You'd never hurt anyone on purpose, and I'm really sorry if I had anything to do with this..."

"What?! No!" Jester protested. "You wouldn't have anything to do with this at all. It was my fault Emerald is in your universe, and you're here now..." He trailed of and suddenly gasped. "Do you think Emerald hates me? That's why she leff? Because of what I said to her?"

She pondered this for a moment. Emerald had kept babbling about how annoying Jester and Clubs were when they had first met, however she had never stated a specific reason on why she wanted to switch with her.

"I don't think so. Emerald seems like a really loyal person, and I don't think she'd want to get rid of you both in any way. And if she did, she'd be a complete idiot to want to be rid of the two of you amazing people."