Chapter Five

Point Of View: Third Person

"I-I thought I w-was doing what you wanted?" Midoriya stammered out whilst cowering down slightly, Bakugou just stood a few feet away with his posture straight and his glare unwavering. 

"What the hell do you mean nerd?" Bakugou's voice rang unusually calm, sending chills down Midoriya's back. Midoriya just cowered down more with his gaze fixated on a crack in the pavement by Bakugou's black shoes.
"Answer me, Deku!" Bakugou now shouted with venom lacing Midoriya's nickname, causing the smaller boy to wince but his gaze lingers averted from his 'best friend' only studying the taller boy's shoes.

"I-I thought you didn't want me to go, w-with UA to you. I thought you wanted me to 's-stay out of my way n-nerd' after I tried to help..." Midoriya's voice trailed off into nothing, his voice shrill and weak. Bakugou just eyes the green boy down, Bakugou's harsh glare wavers slightly as he recalls the memory -which Midoriya never notices- but it hastily returns.

"Well, have you given up on your dream then?" Bakugou whispers loud enough for Deku to hear. Although, if there was anyone else trying to listen in all they'd be able to hear is a calm mumble from the explosive blond. Midoriya jolts from the calm response and finally stands up straight and looks Bakugou dead in the eyes.

"No," Midoriya states coldly with a new firm tongue that the blond hasn't seen. Bakugou reels back from the shock slightly. Who does this damn Deku think he is! Bakugou thinks as his shock turns to anger once more.

"No, no what you fucking nerd?!" Bakugou shouts stomping his way towards the green boy. Midoriya though never submits, his newfound confidence staying with his eyes unwavering from the explosive blond.

"No, I'm not giving up on my dream," Midoriya answered sternly, his gaze staying fixated in Bakugou. Katsuki let his stare shift from his normal slight anger to pure rage, an unusual sight for anyone that has met the blond -except maybe his mother- but it could send any veteran into a thousand-mile Vietnam stare from all the fear that would well up but Midoriya stayed calm on the surface and panicked on the inside.

"WHY THE FUCK NOT YOU DAMN DEKU!" Katsuki screeched with his fist now aimed up towards the green boy, while said boy lets the chilling calmness rest on his face. The ash-blond boy shifts his feet into a square and prepared fighting stance.

"Because what else do I have left Bakugou?" Midoriya said with a scarily crisp and poised tone. Katsuki felt the chilling words trickle through his ears, his unease never coming to the surface from the smaller boy's words but his mind just runs rampant. 
"What would I have left Katsuki?!" Midoriya yells letting his grief and ferocity come to the surface for the first time in years. Bakugou just stands there frozen, his act of power and control fading.
"ANSWER ME!" roars Izuku, his voice cracking from the new stress put on it.

"Why are you asking me, Izuku?" Bakugou's voice comes out thin and meek. Izuku just stands there with his eyes narrowing and becoming glossy.

"I-I'm asking you... I'm asking you b-because you know me better than anyone else," Izuku answers choking back the tears threatening to spill.

"Tch," Bakugou scoffs looking at the Deku in front of him.
"So it's my problem you didn't stop this stupid fucking dream earlier, and now you want me to answer what you should do now?" Bakugou states with venom strapped to his question. Midoriya lets a chuckle and a few tears flow down his cheeks.

"No, I asked you because it was our dream to be the best heroes we could be; I asked you because you wanted me to be there for you, looking out for you, stand in your corner when no else would be, remember?" Midoriya started with the waterfall of tears growing in power.
"I want you to give me one more reason why I can't be a hero; one that has nothing to do with me being quirkless, or how 'it doesn't even matter because I'll be the best Deku!," Izuku rants on to the ash-blond.

   Bakugou feels his feet begin to rush forward and his right arm wind back, his fist clenched. POW! His fist connects to Deku's left side of his jaw, making Midoriya stagger back cupping his jaw with determination burning in his emerald eyes. Midoriya then rushes forward aiming a wild punch towards Bakugou, who sidesteps the uncoordinated assault with relative ease. Bakugou lets a small explosion guide his hand upwards to the gut of Midoriya. As it connected Midoriya got the wind knocked out of him, he hunches over gasping for breath.

"Pathetic Deku," Bakugou sneered. All Midoriya could do was continue to gasp for air and cough, but that coughing slowly turned to a low chuckle. Katsuki growled at Deku's mockery toward the explosive user.
"What the fuck are you laughing about you pathetic nerd!?" Katsuki snarled at Midoriya.

"How sad you are," Midoriya replied with a wicked grin with his hair falling in front of his face, covering his eyes with an ominous shadow.

To Be Continued...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

End Of Chapter: Five
Word Count: 864
..............................................................................................................
   Aye Chapter Five is done (albeit a little rushed at the end) and I have got many ideas where to go from here. But hey school is back on and I am gonna be back writing more regularly; a big reason why I didn't write in the summer is because of my chaotic schedule between college visits, work, and sports. So after all that I am here writing again, and unlike my last book I still am in love with the story presented -even if they are still similar- and can't wait to keep writing. One last thing no chapter preview this time, no real reason I just want you to be surprised at what happens next.

   Also, don't forget to comment your thoughts on the book with any criticism, and if you enjoyed this chapter don't forget to vote. (God I feel dirty for just writing that)

Have a wonderful day,

    Mixboy8