14 ▪︎ Induratize

🚨 TRIGGER WARNING!!🚨

THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS DESCRIPTIONS
OF VIOLENCE AND SEXUAL ASSAULT!!

READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED!!

Grateful for the cardio exercises in and out of the many bedrooms over the years, Jungkook's sprint to Tisha's apartment is more like a mad dash towards the future of his dreams.

The bottom of Jungkook's black jacket flaps in the breeze behind him just as the golden ends of his hair do, perspiration beading on his exposed forehead dampens the few strands that remain.

Just a few more blocks to his love.

He pumps his arms furiously to give his run more strength and speed. The thought of Tisha's beautiful face lighting up with happiness when he relays news of his loan approval shoots a boost of adrenaline through his system pressing his already flexed muscles to their limit.

Jungkook can't contain his excitement as he bursts into Tisha's apartment, a wide full smile consumes his otherwise hardened features.

"Tisha!" He calls checking the living and dining areas before nearly skipping down the hallway to Tisha's bedroom. "Where are you? Tish-"

Jungkook reaches Tisha's bedroom and freezes. His hands ball into fists at the man standing by the side of Tisha's messy bed. Jungkook frowns noticing the disheveled appearance of the sheets.

Tisha's bed is neat and tidy when she isn't in it. She prides herself on the constant immaculate state of her apartment as she always has since moving out on her own. Invariably the early bird, Tisha would never stay in bed until this late in the afternoon.

So the questions weaving their way through Jungkook's brain are why would Tisha's bed coverings look the way they do at this time of day and why in the hell is Marcus here?

Jungkook wants to vomit at the obvious answer.

"Excuse you! Who do you think you are breaking into-"

"Where's Tisha?" Jungkook unapologetically interrupts Marcus.

"You're that guy we ran into on the sidewalk a few days ago, aren't you? How do you know where Tishana lives?"

Jungkook grits his teeth to remain civil. "I told you, we're.." he tries to swallow the retch crawling up his esophagus ".. friends. Where is she?"

Marcus, unbelieving of Jungkook's word, squints at his response. "In hell for all I care."

Shaking his fist at his side to calm his anger, Jungkook replies "Don't say that about her."

"Let me tell you about your little friend Tisha." Sneering her name, Marcus beings to speak, throwing his armful of dress shirts into a suitcase at the foot of the rumpled bed. "She's a fucking whore!"

"Don't talk that way about Tisha!"

"She's a lying, no good, cheating, knocked up, whore ass black bitch!" Marcus yells as he stomps to meet Jungkook toe-to-toe.

"You fucking asshole!" Jungkook screams back. "You don't even fucking know her!"

"I know she slummed with some low life boy toy and was stupid enough to let her dumb ass get pregnant! There's a shortage of intelligent black women and it was my fault to believe Tisha was one of them!"

Jungkook can feel his feathers ruffle, leaning his head from one side to the other to crack his neck. He shakes his arms making an effort to not rearrange Marcus' fat nose through his right eye socket.