A Tough Decision

Palermo explained to Serena how Kalos queens only got to stay for about 2-3 years depending how great they are. Although Aria was great, it turned out she didn't live up to Palermo's expectations and imagined a wider audience for Aria which meant that that Aria would be stepping down as Kalos Queen soon. But then Palermo explained other things as well.

Palermo: Serena. Although your first loss you had might have seemed bad for you, I saw something in you that any other performer. It was the potential you carry.

Serena: *speechless* I don't know. I'm so indecisive....

Palermo: Well hopefully you'll decide to this. Serena. What you have is a gift. You are a amazing performer. Your talents for these performances are amazing! And so are those 3 little Pokemon you got there! Serena. You will become the next Kalos Queen regardless of how many keys you have. And not for 2-3 years but maybe for 10-15 years! Think of it! You'll be in the show business! You'd be a millionaire!!! You'd have a mansion!!! Serena! This is huge! And I'll be supporting you for the whole time!

Serena: *extreamly speechless* Uh...

Palermo: So what's your answer?

Serena: .... Palermo... I must I've this some time to think about...

Palermo: Okay. You have 2 days. The tour bus will be leaving then so decide quickly!

Serena: *choking* Ehh? 2 days? Huh?

Palermo: Don't worry about it its more than enough time!

Serena: O-oh ok then, thanks...?

Palermo paid the gang to a 5 star hotel. Normally the group was so happy and talking with each other. Now they were quiet. They had not said one word to each other. Even little Bonnie wasn't so cheerful.

Serena had lots of thinking to do. She wanted to do this really badly but at the same time, she feels rushed and also there was something she wanted to do and definently not want to feel rushed for. She was going to ask Ash if they can keep traveling together for a long time. But now, this... Serena had no idea what to do.
The gang went to bed. Serena's bed was way too soft to the point it was uncomfortable. She went on the balcony of the hotel and began thinking to herself. Braixen was worried and along with Pancham. And even little Sylveon was worried. Pancham pulled Serena's hair in a way to ask what was wrong.

Serena: Ow! Pancham! What was that for?!

Serena's hair was back to her normal length now.

Pancham: Cham Cham Pancham.....

Serena: Oh I'm sorry Pancham... I have so much on my mind right now... I want to go to the show biz but at the same time... Ash.... what am I going to do...?

It's dawn outside. Serena was still thinking. She is put on a better mood when she saw Ashs positive beaming face.

Ash: Morning Serena!

Serena: Hi Ash!

Ash: Clemont and Bonnie are still asleep.

Serena: Oh they are?

Ash: Yeah.

Serena: Oh. Ok. In that case can we go for a walk alone?

She blushes when she says alone.

Ash: Um ok sure!

They were walking around the town.

Serena: I got so much on my mind. I really wanna go but at the same time...

Ash: What?

Serena: I want....

She pauses because she was about to say Ashs name.

Ash: What do you want?

Serena: *blushing* Oh I want to still travel that's all! *fake grinning*

Ash: Serena I think you should aim for you dream! It's what you want isn't it? Don't let anyone hold you back from your dreams! Chase that dream! Your one step away from success! Take the offer!

Serena: *close to tears* Ok....

The rest of the time was them just walking. This time though something very strange happened. Ash was the one trying to reach for Serena's hand. However he did it without hesitation. Serena was blushing really hard and Ash was smiling and scratching his nose. For the rest of the time it was them walking and holding hands into the rising sun.