chapter 6-performance

Just a warning I've never been to a performance so idek how they work (ik I live under a rock)

💛kaede pov💗

This isn't my first performance in front of alot of people, why am I so nervous..? I wondered. "Hey kaede!" I heard kaito say behind me. I turned around, "h-hey your not supposed to be back here-!" "We gotta support a friend at a performance, it's like common sense!" He protested. "..I must admit I am a bit nervous.." I admitted. "Dont be, you'll be great, you've preformed in front of larger crowds than this." Rantaro said. "Mhm" kirumi said " I agree!" Miu said "Thanks you guys.." i said. "No problem, just common sense!" Kaito said. "Alright well its gonna start soon, you guys should go back." "Awh okay.." kaito said walking away, everyone else followed him. Everyone but maki, "maki why are you still here? You should go back its about to star-" "I believe in you kaede. You can do this." She said holding my brother. "huh? Oh t-thanks maki.." she nodded then turned around and walked away.

-time skip to after the performance-

Still kaede pov

"Great job kaede." Maki said walking up to me. "Ah thanks!" Maki smiled. "Oh and I'll take that!" I said taking my brother from her. "Oh right" "I hope he didn't cause any trouble" "nope not at all!" She said. There was an uncomfortable silence. What do I say? I dont know her that well, yet I've already invited her to my house and shes already babysitted my brother! "...we should go meet the others." She suggested. "O-oh right!" I said snapping out of my minor trance. I watched her walk away and followed her. Now that I was looking at her I realized how cute she was. "Heya maki! Hi kaede good job out there!" Kaito said as we walked over to him. "Thanks kaito." I said "OMIGOD RYOTOOOO" I heard kokichi scream. Him and my brother had always gotten a long, I thought it was funny. "Hey kaede good job." Rantaro said. "Thanks!" "Can I hold him?????" Kokichi asked excitedly "kokichi dont be rude.." rantaro said, I giggled. "Nono it's okay" I handed ryoto to kokichi and he immediately started playing with kokichis hair. Tsumugi kiibo and miu walked over and started talking to rantaro and kokichi. I decided ryoto was safe with them and walked over to everyone else. I immediately saw maki talking with kaito and had a ping of jealousy. Then I realized what that was. I decided to ignore it and move on. "Good j-job kaede" I heard, I looked over and saw shuichi standing there. "Thanks shuichi!" "..no problem." Okay yeah something isn't right. "Shuichi." "W-what?" He said sounding suprised probably by my change in tone. "You've been acting differently, what's wrong?!" "I-I dont know what you mean!" I realized I just yelled at him, "I'm sorry shuichi, you're just quieter and you just seem nervous and on edge.." "oh.. well uhm.." he started, "you dont have to tell me if you really dont want to, I just want to make sure it's Nothing bad." "Okay I'll tell you." He said seriously. I looked back up at him, "i.. I really like someone, I'm thinking of confessing but.. I'm just afraid of being rejected." "I see.. well you should confess! If something goes wrong then the person wasn't for you, but there are so many people around you you'll find the right one!" I encouraged him, hoping it was me. "You're right.. I'll confess to them tomorrow!" He said confidently, "Alrighty!" I said enthusiastically.
"Hello kaede! Gonta would like to congratulate you on your amazing performance!" I looked up and saw gonta. "Hey gonta! Thank you!"

-about 5 minute time skip-

"I reccomend we go home now. It is getting late." Kirumi said, "yeahhhhhhhh.... I'm tireddddd" kokichi whined. "Let's start heading home then" ryoma said.
We all started walking home, dropping people off house by house. Soon it was just me and kaito. "Hey kaede I have a question" he said, "what's up?" I asked looking up at him "what do you think of maki?" He asked "shes nice!" I answered "why do you ask?" "Just wondering.." he said. "Ah.. okay" after about 3 more minutes of conversation we made it to my house, "all right here!" I said walking up to the door. "You gonna be able to walk home?" I asked kaito "it's a 6 minute walk I think I can handle." I giggled, "all right well good night kaito!" "Night kaede! I'll see you tomorrow." I nodded then brought my key out unlocked the door and brought me and my brother in.  One question was on my mind. Why did he ask about maki?

Word count: 824

Tysm for reading! I hope you liked it, I'll see you next time! -sunko is now Allei San!