chapter 7-confession?

Kaede POV

I walked up to school with a big smile on my face. Shuichi said he was going to confess to his crush, I really hoped it was me. I walked over to my friends. "Hi guys!" I said enthusiastically. "Ah Hello kaede" kiibo said. "Hihi!" Said kokichi. "Hello kaede," kirumi started, "how are you?" "I'm great thanks for asking! What about you?" "I am well" she responded. "Kaede you seem like realllly happy, I know it's normal because you have a unusually positive outlook on life but did something happen?" Kokichi asked me. "Oh no! I'm just happy today" "hmmm.. Alright" then tsumugi and maki walked up to us. "Oh hello!" I said. "Heyo kaede!" Tsumugi said. After about 10 minutes of talking class started. As I was walking to it I ran into shuichi. "Oh h-hi shuichi!" "Hello kaede" there was an uncomfortable silence. I didn't know what to say I was too nervous. "What class do you have next?" He asked. "Oh math!" I answered. "Ah I have science." "Oh.." I sighed. "Well I'll talk to you later!" He said walking away. "Y-yeah.."

-epic time skip-

I was nervously sitting at the lunch table. I couldn't focus, I was too nervous. "Kaedeeeeeeeee tell kiibo me pointing out the fact he cant eat isn't robophobic!" He whined next to me. "Uh- well kokichi-" I started. "Kokichi that's rude. Dont do it again." Rantaro said sternly. "Ehhh? Fineeeee.." he answered in an annoyed tone. Kiibo smirked and kokichi pouted. Rantaro patted kokichis head. "Its okay bud." He said, kokichis face lightened up and he hugged rantaro. "Rantaro you're the best!" He said. I giggled and turned away to talk to everyone else. "Kaede are you going to eat? Gonta is worried." I heard gonta say. "Ah right! Dont worry gonta I will." I said. "Alright!" He said happily. Hes so nice.

-another small time skip-

Finally the day was over. I was waiting by the school gate. Not exactly sure why though, maki walked up to me. "Kaede, shuichi and kaito have something to tell us." "Eh?" I looked over at her. "I'm not sure why, they just wanted to tell us something." "Oh Alright.." after a while of searching we found shuichi and kaito. My face brightened when I saw shuichi, "hey guys! What is it you wanted to tell us?" I asked walking up to them. "Oh maki, kaede!" Kaito said looking at us. "Well.. uh.." shuichi started. "Me and shuichi are dating!" Kaito said enthusiastically. My heart dropped. He was talking about kaito..? "That's great you two I support you." Maki said. "Y-yeah.. i do t-to.." i felt myself tearing up. "I-i have to go now.. I'll t-talk to you guys tomorrow.." I said digging my nails into my hand to stop myself from crying. "Oh okay! Cya tomorrow kaede!" Kaito waved goodbye. "Goodnight kaede" shuichi said after
"Y-yeah.." I started walking away. Once I was out of their sight I started crying. I started running, I dont know where. My house was in the other direction, where am i even going? Why is it kaito? Why not me? I support them but it's hard watching the person you've loved ever since middle school start dating one of your best friends. I stopped at a park and sat on a bench. I just sat there and stared into the evening sky with tears falling down my eyes. (This kinda got poetic wtf) I heard some footsteps behind me. I turned around. Maki was looking at me with a concerned look. "M-maki?" I tried to wipe my face. "What are you d-doing here..?" She sat down next to me. "We may not know each other that well, but it's pretty easy to tell when you're sad kaede." I was silent. I looked down at my lap and sighed. "I just dont understand.. I've always been there for shuichi.. he's even said I'm his best friend several times! So why not me..?" I ranted. I felt maki hold my hand. "Love is a mysterious thing kaede.. it doesn't always work the way you expect it to." "I know.." I started. She interrupted. "If it doesn't work out it means he wasn't for you. But there are lots of other people who will love you like you love him." I looked at her and smiled. "Thanks maki.." "no problem." She said simply. There was a comfortable silence with both of us looking up at the darkening sky. I looked over at her again. She really is very pretty, she could probably win some sort of prize just for her looks alone. I had a sudden urge to hug her. So I did, "e-eh..?" She looked a bit suprised when I hugged her. "Thank you maki. You're a great person I really appreciate you." "Oh u-uhm you're welcome.." something stopped me from calling her a friend.. weird. I pulled away and smiled. She smiled too. "Say.. wanna have a sleepover sometime?" She looked a bit shocked and flustered. "W-well sure..! When though?" "Hmmmm.. how about this weekend?" I answered excitedly. "A-alright.." I giggled a bit. "Want me to walk you home?" I asked. "Huh? Oh no it's okay! I'll walk you home my house is farther plus I'm the one comforting you!" She argued. I giggled again. "Alrighty!"

Word count: 934

OML IM SO SORRY SCHOOL GOT ME 😭 anyways I hope you liked this chapter, the story is almost done! 😁 (I think I might add a new event-)