l

long-distance; /ˌlɒŋˈdɪs.təns/ [adj.]

Every Valentine, we always sent each other a box that we named Long Distance Box. We were--as usual separated from each other because (this year) I'm busy with the second half of Bundesliga and Champions League and you with your study so we had to celebrate Valentine's day separately.

We would sent each other the LD Box at least a week so we would have out hands on it at least a day before the V-Day. Then we would Skype where we would had dinner consisting of lame takeouts and opened a cheap bottle of wine then open our respective boxes.

Last year, I got you a new sweater, a bundle of socks (because you kept complaining you're missing another half of it), a lots of Hanuta biscuits and boxes of chocolates and a dildo.

Okay.

I don't know what possessed me to buy you a sex toy but it seemed useful, you said it yourself. I wouldn't dare to tell you that it was Marco Reus and Thomas Muller's (who apparently was using Mario Götze's phone that time to prank him) idea.

We had some intense talk and Thomas even face timed us. I said about my thought on talking to Halsey the best friend of yours about buying a new dress. Well, Marco disagreed. Marco suggested buying you a car. I mean, I can't take advice from someone who's driving illegal without license!

Then, Thomas talked about getting a dildo. I thought he wasn't being serious but it was serious enough that we ended up driving to Berlin's biggest sex store.

Thomas fricking Müller mullered me.

Fuck.

I hope you'll never read this journal.

Oh well, and you on the other hand, got me two ties that matched my match-day suit, a new Boss perfume set, a bundle of cheesy Valentine puns on postcards, a joke book and this black leather journal I'm writing in half price from that bookstore in front of the bakery (nope, you didn't removed the price tags) and a large box of custom made Sweetheart's candies.

I love your Sweetheart's candies. Instead of cheesy 'I love you' and 'XO', you had put all the names of people that I truly love in this world. My parents, my teammates, my closest friends, my nephews and nieces. I spent days eating 2-3 hearts praying that today, I would pick up Margo's heart.

It was quite disappointing when I couldn't see your name on any of this hearts. For the 3 days I kept pestering you, why didn't I find a heart written Margo? How fucking dare you ignore you? So I was like fuck you, Go and I decided to ignore you too.

Until few days later.

Mats Hummels came to me in the middle of practise and said 'I got something for you.' Then he passed me a small black box with a gold bow on top. I thought it was a joke from the boys. When Mats found that I haven't opened the box even until we were hanging out in the ice tub, he was kinda pissed.

So, I was like 'Fine fine, why are you guys pestering about? What did you put in it? Roaches? Worms? Okay I'll open it.'

And there it is.

A small Sweetheart candy, written L, Be Mine? and a small card tucked inside.

My name is already written on your heart. Love, Go.

Go, you still surprise me even after all this years. You managed to surprise me even after 11 fucking years. And that's one of the reasons why I love you. I fucking love you, Go. I fucking do.

So, for 2015 V-day, I've been thinking, shall I get you a vibrator? No ?