Brighter

Gaege Pov

I sit at a coffee shop and sip my coffee. I have my computer open, working on an assignment for school. I'm still in college, but I have done other art pieces to sell. 3 out of 5 of them have been sold already. I'm working on an assignment for my math class. I hate it, but I know that math is necessary in life. I take a break from my computer, looking up and stretching. I hear the bell on the door jingle as somebody has come in. I look over and the colors I already see turn 5 times brighter. I blink a few times, trying to get it to go away. I go back to my computer quickly and type a question into the search bar. What does it mean when your colors get brighter? I type into the bar. Lots of sites come up and I click on one.

When your colors become brighter, it usually means you were born with being able to see all colors. Very few people have this ability. And most of the time people will assume it means they have no soulmate. Which is untrue. Because when your colors become brighter, that's when you meet your soulmate. Your colors will be dull and boring before and you won't notice it until they become brighter. Everybody else that has a soulmate sees as bright of colors before you meet yours. Your colors will just be brighter than everybody else's. 

I look back up to see if I can see him. He's still at the counter, looking down at his phone, probably waiting for his coffee. My heart races, trying to think about what to do. It would be weird if I went up to him. He probably has a soulmate already. And my body just had a fluke. I look back down at the post.

When your soulmate is out of your presence, your colors will go back to being dull. This only happens for people that can see all colors when they are born. The science has not been researched enough to learn why this happens. It doesn't mean anything, but it is only for all color people.

I look back up at him. I gulp, trying to figure out what to do. By the time I decide to go up to him, he's already gone. And my world has gone back to being dull. I get up to look outside, but I can't see him. My shoulders slump down and I go back inside. My one chance to find him and he's gone.

Hope you guys liked it! Luv you all! More to come!!!