02| doubting

-ˋˏ 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 2: ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 2: ˎˊ-

 ❝ Falling. ❞  

-

-

Day after day, you continued to receive compliment notes and still wondered who they were from. There was no way it was from Ushijima no matter how much you want it to be. And that's alright—you could still hope. You would walk past the boys' gym on your way to the girls' gym and see him serving. All you could think was that he's pushing himself too much just to go to nationals. He was pushing himself and practice hadn't even started. As much as you wanted to tell him to take a break, you pulled yourself back. You were volleyball rivals after all. Taking a deep breath you walked past the gym and over to a bench. Somewhat trying to figure out what to write in the next letter.

After school, you noticed another yellow square on your shoe locker. You took the sticky note, confused, looking around to see if anyone was nearby that could've stuck it on. You stared at the note, wondering if this person gave it out to anyone else or just you specifically. You brushed it off and went to a nearby coffee shop before practice.

Biting onto your pencil, ripping up pages of your notebook, aggressively drinking your coffee. How stressed did writing letters make you? This was supposed to make you relaxed or at least pour out your feelings. You wrote 2 words in the 2 hours you were at the coffee shop. Almost missed volleyball practice. Your team was motivated to make it to nationals. Hopefully making it, so practice every day for at least 2 hours. Which was an awfully long time. On your way home it seemed you crossed paths with Ushijima so much nowadays. You noticed him check his shoe locker and you completely forgot you were supposed to give him a letter today. Your eyes widened and saw his face drop a little, slightly slamming the locker door shut. Shoving past you. Seriously wondering what you see in him.

Running to your house, to your room. Attempting to make a letter. The words just wouldn't form. Who knew it would be this difficult writing more letters when the first one was such a breeze to write. Pacing back and forth wondering what to write. Forgetting you had homework. Running to your desk and starting it hopefully you would have leftover time to write at least one letter. Almost falling asleep after doing tons of homework you finally figured out what to write. But wondering if you even had the energy to do it. After 2 hours of trying to put everything in words, you eventually finished. Slipping it in a purple envelope and adding the finishing touches, you brought it up, looked at it, and smiled. You slipped it into your bag and finally went to bed. It was such a relief knowing you finally got that letter done.

—————

As you got ready for school you had to leave earlier than usual to put the letter in Ushijimas' shoe locker before he got there. Barely making it, you slipped behind a wall before Ushijima and Tendou walked up to their lockers. Taking a deep breath in, you gripped onto your bag, slipping away.