04| let it begin

❝ let it begin ❞  

❝ let it begin ❞  

-ˋˏ 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 4: ˎˊ-

-

-

Today was finally the day you and Ushijima would go against each other. You knew you had no chance of winning against him, but it'd be fun to try. He is a volleyball prodigy and the number 1 ace in Miyagi. It was the weekend, so you ate a quick breakfast and packed your shoes into your volleyball bag, and headed out the door. As you walked into the gym, you didn't realize how big of a deal it would be. All of Ushijima's fangirls were off to the side with their posters, ready to cheer for him. The girls' volleyball team came to support you as did the boys. You immediately knew this was going to be difficult considering it was a 1v1 with Ushijima, the only reason you accepted it was because you thought it'd be fun to go against him.

He arrived at the gym and the tension rose, he glared at you with the worst death stare. He seemed to be treating this as if it was a match against Seijoh. As he walked him you noticed someone familiar walk in right after him. Tooru Oikawa. Is that why he seems to be in a harsh mood? You walked up to him to talk to him.

—————

"Hey, if you want to cancel this match we can," you asked him.

"All these people came to watch, I wouldn't want to let them down," he replied.

"Okay, just let me know if you ever want to stop the matches." you walked away.

As you helped Yua (one of your teammates) set up the nets, someone came up behind you. The one and only Tooru.

"Do you need something?" you harshly said.

"I need to talk to you, (y/n)." he started to tug on your arm a bit.

You looked over to Yua and she said she'd finish setting up the net. As you left out of the gym, you felt Ushijima watching you two leave the gym.

"What'd you need?" you asked Oikawa.

"Look I'm not here to cause a ruckus, I noticed you and Ushijima were close so I came to talk to you instead."

"So what're you doing here?"

"I just wanted to watch Ushijima's tactics in case we go against him when moving to nationals."

"Just leave Oikawa, you're just going to make it worse." you started walking away.

He watched you head back into the gym as he went the opposite way. When you went inside Ushijima immediately went up to you and asked what he wanted. You told him it was nothing and walked past him. You kept thinking because you told Ushijima it was nothing it got to his head. As you got ready to finally start the match, Tendou walked up to you.