05 | your perfect ending

-ˋˏ 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 5: ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 5: ˎˊ-

 ❝ Your Perfect Ending ❞  

-

-

You felt horrible, knowing you could've said more when shiratorizawa lost to karasuno. You were happy for Tobio, but Ushijima and Tendou's reaction hit hard. You felt disappointed since you gave Ushijima a half-assed sentence of comfort that day. You were debating on texting him just to ask how he was doing. He seemed to have kept to himself even more since then.

It was finally the week of the last letter. After weeks of attempting to write letters just for him. Just to confess your feelings, was finally coming to an end. Your mind still lingered on the girl you saw with him a few days ago. Based on what Tendou said, you're probably overthinking it.

There was a cherry blossom festival coming up and your family decided to run a takoyaki stand for it. You thought you'd be able to enjoy the festival, but your parents desperately needed your help. You got a call from Ushijima a couple of hours later.

"Hello?" you said.

"Hey, sorry for calling unannounced. I just have a question," he replied.

"Hm?"

"Are you working the takoyaki stand at the festival?" he asked.

"Yeah, how'd you know?" you asked, confused.

"My parents mentioned it today. We're helping you guys run it."

"Oh."

"Anyway I'll see you then." he ended the call.

You stood there, frozen. Thinking it'll be fine, it's just a few hours. You'll be able to put your feelings aside just for a few hours.

—————

On the day of the festival, you held the purple envelope. Deciding whether to give it to him today or another day. You heard your mom call you to come down, so you shoved the envelope into your bag and started running down the stairs.

"You have everything?" she asked.

"Yep, are all the ingredients in the car?" you asked.

"Should be, if not we can ask the Ushijima's to pick some things up," she mentioned while walking out the door.

When you arrived at the festival, all the cherry blossom trees were fully bloomed. It was stunning. The stand your parents were running was just below a cherry blossom tree. You set up a couple of tables in front of the stand, while your parents start prepping everything.

As you started to finish up, the festival opened. Loads of crowds passed by. Taking pictures and ordering food. You were unsure of what you should do to help. Your mom then gave you and Ushijima the front job, so the cashiers. Along with cleaning up the tables whenever someone leaves.